Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
4 registered (sentry, JHNebraska, WalkingBuffalo, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64165 Topics
447757 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#261350 - 11/12/08 05:19 PM Emotionally wasted
nevragan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NC
I wish that I could have a day to myself without thinking about the dark hole I'm in. I feel so emotionally wasted. The thoughts continually scroll through my mind like a billboard in Time's Square. My performance at work is suffering and I can't even find the energy to do laundry or the dishes. I took the day off to rest and stil feel drained. The only thing good about taking a nap is I can turn this crap off unless I wake remembering a dream or nightmare I had. When will it stop? My emotional batteries are dead and I can't figure out how to charge them up. I hate this daily hell.

#261352 - 11/12/08 05:42 PM Re: Emotionally wasted [Re: nevragan]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Nevragan,
Quote:
When will it stop?

Maybe the question should be : What do I need to do to make this stop?

Sitting around and doing to much looking within eventually makes us crumble. By asking what do I need to do? suggests an action - it gets us up off our butt and propels us forward and outward.

Edited by joelRT (11/12/08 05:44 PM)
Edit Reason: how many times do I have to say that I can't type?

#261356 - 11/12/08 06:30 PM Re: Emotionally wasted [Re: joelRT]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
I might suggest some meditation. Here's a simple technique you can try if you like:

1. Sit in a comfortable chair in as quiet a place as you can find.

2. Close your eyes, and focus on your breathing until it becomes slow and regular.

3. Now become aware of sounds you are hearing. Just focus on listening to everything you hear. If some thought starts to sweep you away, just go back to focusing on breathing again and then repeat step three.

This technique helps me a lot. You can't turn it off but you can take a break from it. It just takes focus and some practice.

#261395 - 11/12/08 10:02 PM Re: Emotionally wasted [Re: blueshift]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

I know what you mean about the Time's Square billboard. Keep sharing and keep reaching out. I don't know how new all of this is for you (dealing with the abuse issues), but I think in time you should find the thoughts less intrusive. I have them often, but mostly they are not as powerful as they have been in the past. It also is easier to let the thoughts go, instead of fixating on them. That is not to say I don't get into my funks or moods where I get stuck in my thoughts; I do.

Keep working on improving things in your life. If that means keeping your "space" nice (keeping my apartment a nice living space that I feel good in does a lot to help my mood) or doing something positive that makes you feel good (riding my bike is a good one for me), then by all means give it a go. Make sure you realize your self-value and that you are worth treating yourself well.

I know how bad the funks can get. Lately I have been in a period where they come and go, but the lows are not lasting as long, and I am getting up and fighting through them. I have been working the last couple of years (and even more sore the last few months) on getting my life together, and trying to just put some order in it all and shape things more aligned with how I would like them to be. First, I feel I am worth it; the old feelings that I didn't deserve better than things being crappy just wasn't true. Second, when I do get in these funks, it seems this effort has helped me get out of them, to see that my whole world hasn't imploded in on myself (when things were much more chaotic, it did often seem like the walls were perpetually falling in on me.)

Hope this didn't come across as trying to give too much advice in a misplace manner. Keep sharing, and let us know how you are doing.

Eric

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.