Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
3 registered (Judith, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443073 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#260510 - 11/08/08 02:34 AM VETERANS DAY
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
This week on November 11th we (hopefully) have time to pay our respects to those of us whom had the experience of military life. Whether we volunteered or were hand picked by Our Uncle Sam.
This posting isn't meant to belittle those of you for various reasons did not have the privilage to serve.

This is from a boy, who had drilled into his young mind from birth to his 17th birthday, that he was useless, worthless & would never amount to anything, by a mother who was sexually, physically, emotionally & mentally abusing him. This is a letter from him (69) yrs old, and just recently has started to come to terms with that lost boy and himself over those recently surfaced abuse memories, that were commited by her.

A letter to Hell, from a young boy (your son) who always wished that you were dead.

Dear Mrs. Corbett,

I offer you the following list of accomplishments by your son.

Enlisted/volunteered, into the U.S. Air Force, on his 17th birthday, March 13 1956. I wish to thank you for signing me in as I wasn't 18 yrs old.

The awards and decorations on my retired uniform.

Air Force Commendation Medal, with 3 oak leaf clusters. Earned in Vietnam, Germany & Okinawa (Japan). (1969-1978).

Presidential Unit Citation, Vietnam, (1969).

Air Force Outstanding Unit Award, with combat V, Vietnam (1969) 1 Silver oak leaf cluster.(1960-1978).

Air Force Award of Excellence (small unit), Oklahoma, (1976).

Army Good Conduct Medal, Germany, (1959).

Air Force Good Conduct Medal, with 3 oak leaf clusters, (1965-1978).

National Defense Service Medal, (1976).

Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal, with 3 bronze service stars, Vietnam, (1968-1969).

Korean Defense Service Medal, Korea, (1976-1978)

Air Force Longevity Service Award, 4 oak leaf clusters, (1960-1978).

Small Arms Expert Ribbon, (1964).

Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry, with Palm, (unit award), Vietnam (1969)

Vietnam Service Medal, Vietnam, (1968-1969).

So, mom you see that I have proved you wrong, in the end, as indeed I was usefull, I was worth something and indeed I did amount to something. I even have a U.S. Holiday in my honor. VETERANS DAY.

From your son,
Peter C. Corbett
TSgt, USAF, Ret.

This post is about me, but it is my sincerest wish that those of you whom have suffered all these abuses post it here, to PROVE that they were wrong. Heal well my friends.
Pete (Irishmoose)

This is updated a bit as this was in my eary days of recovery. Originally it was posted in the off topic forum.
I firmly believe that it belongs here in the "Survivors of Female Abuse." forum. There are other brothers of mine here whom have gone through the same effects during their lifetime too.
What has not changed over these past four years is the fact that when I get out of bed in the morning that I have to look around my room, on the walls where I have pictures of my life along to my sons then along to my grandsons. Then on to my military career & those discharge & retirement documents. To prove to myself that my "mom," was DEAD wrong about me being useless, worthless & would never amount to anything unwanted boy. Every day, my brothers, every damn day I stil have to prove & convince myself. Maybe we should change the title of this forum from "Survivors of Female Abuse." To the "Still VICTIMS of Female Abuse." As as of this date I am not a survivor, i'm still her victim. Still having power and control of "her" little/young gay boy/man.

I hope that those of us who were incest victims sexually, emotionally, mentally & physically and are still dealing with this that some day that we will receive the peace & serenity in our lives that we all so richly deserve.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me.
Pete..Irishmoose.

Edited by petercorbett (11/09/12 05:16 PM)
Edit Reason: Updating 4 yrs later.
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#260514 - 11/08/08 04:10 AM Re: VETERANS DAY [Re: petercorbett]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
Thanks for posting Peter,
I was only in the Merchant Marine from 2000-2003, and felt weird about having the Merchant Marine Expeditionary Medal show up in the mail one day; other than participating in support operations for Operation Iraqi Freedom, and small arms qualification (M-14, 12-gauge, 9mm), i was a civilian, who never saw combat, or fired a shot at the enemy. But reading your post reminded me that i have a right to be proud of having served in some way, even if as a civilian, far from combat, and for only a short time- though at the time, i was far from dealing at all with my CSA issues, i had still grown stronger than my old childhood demons ever made allowance for; and now that drinking is behind me, and i have a handle on why i always felt secretly broken, worthless, and ashamed for so many years, i can but grow stronger still, and continue to prove those demons wrong.

I have a right to be proud of who i am, and what i've done- even if i still have to be reminded of that from time to time. This inner road is rocky, and i may stumble here and there, but i'll never stop going forward.

On Nov. 11 i offer my humble respect and gratitude for all who have served, and still serve today- who have stood, and still stand, in harm's way... but especially to the vets who come to this board, who endured trauma and scarring often long before ever putting on a uniform.

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#260570 - 11/08/08 01:44 PM Re: VETERANS DAY [Re: dgoods]
dusty42 Offline

Loc: Kentucky
Dusty42 has deleted this message. I no longer feel safe here.

Edited by dusty42 (03/18/09 02:43 PM)
Edit Reason: I no longer feel safe here

#261123 - 11/11/08 06:47 PM Re: VETERANS DAY [Re: dusty42]
cstjude Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Canada
Peter,

That is a courageous letter and an impressive list of accomplishments. But, darling, you were always worthy and full of potential; because you were a human child. Everything she told you to the contrary was a vicious lie.

It's Remembrance Day here in Canada, but the sentiment is much the same as Veterans' Day in the US. We honour those who lost their lives or themselves in the protection of our freedoms.

With deepest respect,

C.

#261130 - 11/11/08 07:22 PM Re: VETERANS DAY [Re: cstjude]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Peter,

That was a powerful letter and every word of it from you is true, I hope you believe it. You're mother-unit missed out.

To all of the veterans - Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

ROCK ON........Trish

#261262 - 11/12/08 10:07 AM Re: VETERANS DAY [Re: Trish4850]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
You are truly very courageous, Pete, I know that it wasn't easy to write that and it can't have been easy to post it either. You have all of my admiration, man. No wonder you received so many medals and awards. You are truly a man that I can look up to and I'm proud, as well as humbled, to call you friend.

I too, many years ago, wrote a similar letter to my mother. She is still living (will be seventy soon) so I was able to mail it directly to her. In it I told her that I was writing my autobiography and the whole world would know why I turned out to be such a fuck-up, that it was because of her and the things that she did to me. It was very liberating for me and I haven't spoken to her since - ten years now of blessed silence from her. Breaking the hold that she had on me was the best thing that I got out of that letter and it's what I wish for you now.

You have asserted to 5847 men and women here at MS that you are a man of substance and caracter and we each of us believe you. So be done with mother now, Pete, and live your life on your terms.

#261269 - 11/12/08 10:22 AM Re: VETERANS DAY [Re: joelRT]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Howdy, to all who have posted on this page.
I am only one of millions of veterans, and one of millions of child sexual abuse, emotional, physical and mental abuse victims. I thank you all from the depths of my heart and soul. This is one war that we victims trying to become survivors must win. Thanks again. Heal well my fellow warriors.
Pete (Irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.