Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
2 registered (VASurvivor, randombreeze), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63402 Topics
443276 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#260194 - 11/05/08 04:21 PM Re: sex [Re: Niels]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Quote:
Most men here are supportive of gay guys, but this attempt to coerce stragiht guys to bend over backwards in the name of political correctness is UNFAIR.

From this queer to that straight guy, I couldn't agree more. Not every damn thing is a Gay issue nor about nor against Gays!!! No wonder I only have straight friends. Militantism becomes so wearying after a while......

#260196 - 11/05/08 04:57 PM Re: sex [Re: joelRT]
Niels Offline
MaleSurvivor

Excactly Joel - You got my point. I do not want to make a big deal out of this or argue. I just wanted to point this out. I already think that this forum does a lot to make GBT members feel included and safe here, which is great.

#260198 - 11/05/08 05:35 PM Re: sex [Re: Niels]
A C Offline

Loc: Missouri
Have this a gay he would say "Don't like fish, and won't go near a place that servers it!" Fish is the main course. It's that way at some cafes.

#260204 - 11/05/08 06:04 PM Re: sex [Re: A C]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Niels,

If you took the time to read my posts, you will realize that I never have "bashed" anyone here on MS, straight or gay. There is no double standard on my part!

I'm sorry for you that you took it that way.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#260206 - 11/05/08 06:30 PM Re: sex [Re: KENKEN]
Niels Offline
MaleSurvivor

Then perhaps you would care to explain:

-who you were referring to when you say "We"?

-Why did you ask "I wonder why "we" were left out!!".

Who are "We".?

#260214 - 11/05/08 08:45 PM Re: sex [Re: Niels]
ModTeam Offline
MaleSurvivor

This thread was started with a statement by Lewis for Lewis and about Lewis' life; Lewis happens to be straight so the statement was posed that way. There is no gay/straight issue, just a question. So please don't hijack an important conversation with an argument that doesn't even apply.

Edited by ModTeam (11/05/08 08:56 PM)

#261279 - 11/12/08 10:41 AM Re: sex [Re: ModTeam]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Yeah, enough with hijack. Own it and make a new thread...

I find all the role stuff for men makes things really difficult for me, and other survivors so I hear. It's so hard for us to deal with our abuse issues, and then we get all this "your supposed to" crap from everyone.

All this, your supposed to want sex all the time, and initiate everything. Sex is very scary to me. One person being the actor to someone passive (either way) triggers fears of abuse. I feel like a perpetrator if I make all the moves, and the victim if she does. And men can't be victims so they think. And any time I'm not doing "what I'm supposed to" it brings up all that "something must be wrong with me" stuff. I just want to run and hide and never see them again.

So, I think our sexual partners often unwittingly make it worse. And, I don't want to try to explain all my abuse and why it leads me to have these feelings. Go get a clue yourself! Like, read a book or something! It's hard, but I have to stick up for what I feel alone, and if people don't let me have my feelings in peace, I say goodbye. You don't really care about ME.

But I have and do meet people who drop the role BS and listen to me, accept me and try to understand. Lewis, it all is extremely unfair. Here you'll get support, and I think you could find someone who will respect your feelings and wishes. Let her know you want to take it super, super slow. That is really OK.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.