Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
4 registered (irishguym, 3 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63203 Topics
441949 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#260052 - 11/04/08 01:28 PM +Trigger possibility+ regression to childhood [Re: sunwolf]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
I have had some experience with regression with a licensed hypnotherapist.
Inner child "play" in chat might be one thing...
but is conscious regression wise without some kind of professional involved?

C

#260055 - 11/04/08 01:34 PM Re: +Trigger possibility+ regression to childhood [Re: ineffable]
sunwolf Offline

Loc: Indiana
Ineffable...yes there is a process in therapy known as regression..but in my case if not induce but spontaneus...is like a form of disassociation...

Edited by sunwolf (11/04/08 01:35 PM)

#260056 - 11/04/08 01:38 PM Re: +Trigger possibility+ regression to childhood [Re: sunwolf]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Just to clarify...

my thoughts were in response to reading the ENTIRE thread
& another member's setting up specific times & rooms for conscious regression

I aint no expert, but offering my 2 cents for the purpose of dialogue

C

#260060 - 11/04/08 01:52 PM Re: +Trigger possibility+ regression to childhood [Re: ineffable]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Originally Posted By: ineffable
I have had some experience with regression with a licensed hypnotherapist.
Inner child "play" in chat might be one thing...
but is conscious regression wise without some kind of professional involved?

C

I have asked myself this a lot since last night. Since I have experienced a lot of both deliberate and spontaneous regressions myself w/o any professional supervision, I wudn't think 1 is necessary, but if any professionals reading this think this is a bad idea, let me know here. I wud like 2 hear some input on this.

In fact, I also think I might postpone the room for a couple days 2 give time 4 feedback here. My only proposed support offered with this is just that of another caring survivor and it's role wud be stricly being a safe reassuring presence for the regressor to anchor on.

If anyone with expertise in this area has concerns that this might not be sufficient, please give your feedback here in the next couple days.

#260061 - 11/04/08 02:00 PM Re: +Trigger possibility+ regression to childhood [Re: blueshift]
sunwolf Offline

Loc: Indiana
smile i see now ineffable and i do welcome your posts..everytime you givee good advice and feelings smile

Edited by sunwolf (11/05/08 10:21 AM)

#260062 - 11/04/08 02:46 PM Re: +Trigger possibility+ regression to childhood [Re: sunwolf]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
OK. I've just realized that I've put way too much trust in my depressed, regressed, disabled and unstable brain to come up with good ideas.

My fuzzy and ill-considered thinking was of just a place where folks cud just find release and relaxation by reverting to simpler mind modes, but I never had the presence of mind to consider the negative possibilities of what could happen until it was too late and someone got hurt.

If anyone with credentials in the area of regression thinks the idea is worth reviving speak up, but unless the idea gets support from someone who is knowledgeable about this kind of thing, let's consider this idea officially scrapped.

I'm realizing now how stupid my original idea was to put a kid in a room and think that that kid would provide any safety or support appropriate to the task of being there for someone else in regression. Two scared kids in a room. Brilliant Doug.

I guess all I've been lately is little dugy trying to do adult things and trying to help put out fires with flamethrowers and gas bombs. Little dugy and I are both grounded now for the remainder of the depression.

Edited by blueshift (11/04/08 03:02 PM)

#260066 - 11/04/08 04:12 PM Re: +Trigger possibility+ regression to childhood [Re: blueshift]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mr Shift

Don't throw little Dugy out in the regression water.
Dialogue GOOOOD.
smile

Give it a few days, get some other's thoughts & make an informed decision.

C

#260096 - 11/04/08 09:40 PM Re: regression to childhood *might trigger* [Re: sunwolf]
OICU812 Offline

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: sunwolf
Does anyone here has this sindrom? I do...My T says is common for abused people...many times when am under stress and anxious I regress to being a child...I feel like one and even talk like one...I feel I need protection when I am like that... My T thinks its a way of disassociation...when I was being raped I tended to switch off my mind and I was in another place and age...an age before i was molested...

I have similar feeling to the last part of your post. Not necessary feelings of disassociation or regression but getting very tired/sleepy when I think about some aspects of my abuse. I can't actually recall what I was thinking when I was being molested, I just froze and switched off my mind kind of like what you described so I wasn't really thinking about another time/place.

Wish you well in recovery.

#260115 - 11/04/08 11:50 PM Re: regression to childhood *might trigger* [Re: OICU812]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

My regression experience had an unintended outcome last night. I relived some very painful things that I did as a little kid that I still carry a huge amount of guilt over.

Setting things on fire, stealing money from my mom and dad, shop lifting and hurting animals. Oh I was five or six when I started doing this.

Doug I do not hold you responsible for my reliving this. I'm not upset with you over this in the slightest. It just happened. Its OK. In fact it opened another window into little mikie's hidden early childhood. One more piece of the puzzle of possible early abuse that I do not fully remember.

CRAP!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.