Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
1 registered (Doubter), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441810 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#259916 - 11/03/08 03:12 PM regression to childhood *might trigger*
sunwolf Offline

Loc: Indiana
Does anyone here has this sindrom? I do...My T says is common for abused people...many times when am under stress and anxious I regress to being a child...I feel like one and even talk like one...I feel I need protection when I am like that... My T thinks its a way of disassociation...when I was being raped I tended to switch off my mind and I was in another place and age...an age before i was molested...

Edited by sunwolf (11/04/08 01:38 PM)

#259921 - 11/03/08 04:32 PM . [Re: sunwolf]
bardo213 Offline

Edited by bardo213 (06/21/13 06:44 PM)

#259926 - 11/03/08 05:54 PM Re: regression to childhood [Re: bardo213]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
I sleep with a stuffed opossum (no, I don't mean my wife). At the WoR, we were encouraged to bring a stuffed animal with us. I scoffed. They had a supply of them there, and I took to one particular stuffed dog. It was actually calming and comforting to hold onto it during disclosure in small groups. About a week later I was at a Cracker Barrel restaurant, and they had these stuffed 'possums. I thought, "what the hell..." and bought one. I've slept with it every night since. My wife thinks it's cute that I'm doing it and has no problem with it.

Anyway, it's not exactly the same thing, but in a way, allowing myself to do something childish really feels GOOD, and RIGHT. It's nice to have something to snuggle during the night, and I wake up feeling more rested. Maybe allowing ourselves times to be kids again is an okay thing?

(((sunwolf)))

Peace,

John

About a home I’ll never see

It may sound absurd...but don’t be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but won’t you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
It’s not easy to be me

#259930 - 11/03/08 06:12 PM Re: regression to childhood [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
When I finally found my "inner child" during my recovery, was when I took a giant leap to understanding just who this "Ken" guy is.

Prior to my disclosure I completely blocked out my 5 years of CSA. It was going to be my secret and I was able to do just that. But then the nightmares started and I could not longer live with the pain. I found my "inner child" after my sister sent me some pic's of me when I was a child. The pic's of me prior to my SA are my avatar. The pic's during the abuse I still cannot look at. Maybe some day.

Yes, I have a stuffed bear that I hold dear to my healing. I love that "little guy" so much. I just wish I could be as much of a fighter and warrier as he was during those years of SA. He is my "hero". He is my determination today!

Regression to childhood, YES and for me, it is a Healing Experience.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#259932 - 11/03/08 06:20 PM Re: regression to childhood [Re: sunwolf]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Sunwolf,

Quote:
many times when am under stress and anxious I regress to being a child...I feel like one and even talk like one...I feel I need protection when I am like that...

If I'm feeling particularly emotional and therefore vulnerable when being sexual, then boom, out comes little Joel........try that on with a grown man, not exactly a turn on. Geez, no wonder I'm still single.

So, no, you're not alone.

#259935 - 11/03/08 06:55 PM Re: regression to childhood [Re: joelRT]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I have had big time issues with this. I have understood my childhood stuff to be part of disassociative disorder. I really kind of secretly enjoyed feeling like my 12-yr-old self, although the shrouds of trauma on the boy were very heavy. EMDR pretty much made him merge into me, but I still have times when I seem to regress into the 12-yr-old.

I even used to have a box of toys. Things like a dinasaur model. My wife got rid of most of it in a housecleaning binge.

#259965 - 11/03/08 10:05 PM Re: regression to childhood [Re: pufferfish]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Hi.
I'm little dugy.
I like 2 regress 2.
mostly when I'm really scared.
I'm starting a room in chat.
It's for me and anyone who wants 2 regress with me.
It will be from 5pm to 10 pm PDT tonight and 5pm to 8pm PDT
for the rest of the week.

*** this has been cancelled until further notice--I need to review and consult on the issue of safety with this idea to determine if it's dangerous from a psychological standpoint.***

Big Dug is having a hard time and he needs 2 be me for a while.
I hope u come and c me.

little duggy.

Edited by blueshift (11/04/08 02:02 PM)
Edit Reason: add announcement

#259972 - 11/03/08 10:53 PM Re: regression to childhood [Re: blueshift]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have two recent occurrences of childhood regression. I don't recall any other times. It was releasing to be young again and talk about the things I was interested in when I was say 7-10 years old. Its hard to describe. The second occurrence happened in chat the other day.

Hey, maybe I'll let little mikie join little duggy in chat.

Mike

#259978 - 11/03/08 11:39 PM Re: regression to childhood [Re: Barkabus]
Davesc Offline

Loc: NJ
I also thougt stuffed animals were silly at the WOR. But I brought my sons first stuffed animal. I was to shy or ashamed to bring it to group, but I got hold of a bear and did not let go. I want to revert to a child many times I think that is especially normal for anyone who has gone through trauma. We all think the stuff we do or think is weird. It isn't, it is just us . And > There are a lot of US out there!!! Lots of love guys Dave

#259987 - 11/04/08 05:22 AM Re: regression to childhood [Re: Davesc]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
A little revision to the regression room little dugy told u about.
If u visit and sense that you are beginning to encounter something painful in your regression experience type "blueshift" so that I and any others in the room can be alerted to your distress and shift out of child mode to support you better.

Likewise if I find myself in trouble I will do the same so others can shift back to help me. Shifting back and forth can be difficult sometimes but I trust we'll all do the best we can and having a kind of "panic word" will help snap us out of it.

No one is under any obligation to shift out though it's completely your choice..I always will though and when I'm back I'll say "I'm here" to let you know I'm unregressed and you may continue your regression experience with the support of an adult mind.

Since my screen name is being used as the panic word, call me blue, Doug or dugy in the room, but try not to call me blueshift in the room to avoid confusion.

Edited by blueshift (11/04/08 05:31 AM)
Edit Reason: correct missing words

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.