Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (ethereo222, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63205 Topics
441966 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#259547 - 11/01/08 06:12 PM My SA ward.
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity

**This post relates to magic/wicca/paganism so if that stuff is something you believe is evil, as many do, then this might not be something you are interested in reading.** Also some trigger words **

I've been posting that pic of my tat for a while and just thought I might share why it's significant to me. It's a rape ward. A symbol that protects me from future sexual assault.

Of course the symbol it's self has no power but it acts as a catalyst for my intent. I actually did the symbol on my arm as something to use at a later time for whatever purpose I decided to put it to. I figured some kind of protection, but when I got raped a few years ago, that made the decision for me what it would be for.

Until that time I didn't consider the possibility that I could get raped again. I won't talk about how it works any further than I have. The truism that secrets have more power when kept secret isn't just true of negative secrets.

I have confidence in it/me...even though my nightmare wards have all failed miserably. (I can control what happens outside me better than what happens inside me...imagine that!)

I only believe in wiccan principles of magic because they have shown that they work. You can't do everything with it, but there are a lot of things you can do very well and it's very flexable. Of course I/life always finds a way 2 mess things up even after I get what I want handed to me so ultimately it's no big wup.

This spell I didn't just do once, but also do additional "maintenance" work on it as well since it's the kind of spell that doesn't just deliver once but continues to indefinitely.

well, I've rambled on and I'll have 2 work a spell now for someone 2 give a damn. (just kidding)

#259623 - 11/02/08 05:40 AM Re: My SA ward. [Re: blueshift]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
I've been wondering what that was.. confused
Thanks for the explanation.

Jim

#259631 - 11/02/08 07:20 AM Re: My SA ward. [Re: Geeders]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by ttoon (11/16/08 10:27 AM)

#259693 - 11/02/08 02:10 PM Re: My SA ward. [Re: ttoon]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Originally Posted By: ttoon
Doug,

Yea, I think it is cool. You've said what it is and, what it is for but, I am really curious as to what the symbol actually represents, you know?

Thanks

:-)

Dave

Hmm. I guess the best answer is that what it actually represents depends on who is seeing it. To a Tibetan Buddhist it might be a symbol of enlightenment. To blueshift what it now represents (actually 2! smile ) is safety from sexual assault.

I wish I could discuss the details but doing so wud deplete the power of the ward. 2 help u understand why this is so u can use what has been said as an example**please understand I'm just bringing it up bcuz it provides a usefull example --it's not an indictment of any kind**: when u asked about what the symbol actually represented it was put into my mind that what it represented 2 me was not it's "actual" representation.

That is a fairly negligible drain on the power of the spell, so I'm not worried about it, and I'm certainly not saying this to make u feel bad--only to explain how talking can drain the power of a spell....as we speak, the anti magic part of our brain starts working telling us that magic isn't real and can't work--it's unavoidable bcuz we all have been taught 2 live under that assumption and our language is constructed around that assumption.

To keep a spell in good condition it has to be kept clean. The dirt and corrosion is false beliefs. Words are fraught with peril in that they invoke the old belief that magic is make-believe. Even though my experience has shown otherwise those old beliefs still have a certain power--they probably always will.

Spells are directed belief structures basically and doubts and fears are those as well. A lot of my magic is also anti-magic in that, in addition to directing thoughts of a desired result I'm also working to cancel out inadvertent magic done by what I call the "anti-magic" part of my brain.

I hope that helps u understand why I don't want 2 get 2 into detail about the symbol and how I'm using it. Doing so would entail 2 much anti-magic to counter the spells cast by words that are counter to my spell---I hope this makes some kind of sense. I know a lot of people in 3d who wud tell me I've eaten too many magic mushrooms. lol smile

#259753 - 11/02/08 06:30 PM Re: My SA ward. [Re: blueshift]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by ttoon (11/16/08 10:26 AM)

#300657 - 08/27/09 06:26 AM Re: My SA ward. [Re: blueshift]
terpprm Offline

Loc: Elyria, Ohio
hi doug, I was just wondering if you ferthered yourself on your Wiccan beliefs any?

Philip

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.