Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
4 registered (unhappycamper, Obi, 2 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63562 Topics
444099 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#259352 - 10/31/08 11:12 PM Re: Halloween [Re: No1Special]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

I always liked Halloween as a kid. Dressing up was fun, and digging and sorting through the candy was always fun. I try to avoid that sort of sweet tooth these days though.

#259398 - 11/01/08 12:28 AM Re: Halloween [Re: ericc]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
My favorite Halloween memory was when my one sister dressed-up as a box of laundry detergent. (There is a picture of her in her costume on the Found Another Photo part two topic on the member art forum, I think on page 10). It would have been 1968 when I was 11. She tripped over a decorator rock at the edge of someone's lawn and fell face down, and her arms couldn't even reach the ground. I'll never forget her flailing her arms around and everyone there laughing.

Lewis, Halloween parties are popular not only in college, but also later in life too. Here in Denver we have a couple of dozen long-standing haunted house tours, and it is popular to wear a costume to the office on Halloween here too. My last Halloween party, maybe 10 years ago at age 42, I went as a 50s greaser-type. And on Boston Legal the other day, they had ole Captain Kirk dressed-up as a chicken for Halloween. And he is how old?

Sorry to hear that Halloween hasn't been fun for everyone. I know, too much chocolate can make you sick, but....

Have fun with what is left of Halloween,

Mark

#259419 - 11/01/08 05:09 AM Re: Halloween [Re: Trucker51]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
I used to dress up as a black boy, all I needed for a mask was a cork from a wine bottle to make my face and hands black, and I carried a stick to look like a hobo. But one time some old guy whom we put empty milk bottles (Mark. will remember those old glass milk bottles)in front of his door and he scattered them broken all over the place, but he got his revenge as he gave me and my friend, what we thought was fudge, was a Boraxo soap bar cut up like pieces of fudge, and after we took a big bite the rest of the night was hell. But I enjoy seeing those young kids having fun and enjoying their youth. Heal well my friends.
Pete (Irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#259434 - 11/01/08 09:41 AM Re: Halloween [Re: No1Special]
Dan99 Offline

Loc: Washington DC
It's like every other holiday to me. I have to struggle to think back to when I was 5 or younger to come up with happy memories of it. After that, every holiday was abusive and so there really are no good memories to be found. Just crap, which reminds me of a funny clip from a funny movie called "As Good As It Gets."

Here's a link to it. If you haven't seen the movie, it might be worth checking out. I found it uplifting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8shdlcJjAJ8

love like you've never been hurt;
and live life every day as if it were your last.

#259462 - 11/01/08 12:26 PM Re: Halloween [Re: Dan99]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yes, milk used to be delivered in glass bottles to my folk's house by a guy wearing a white uniform driving a little truck like a Fedex van. He would then put the milk bottles into an insulated metal box just outside our front door. And in CT at about age 5 or 6 I still have a terrible memory from my sister and I trying to carry the bottles up the stairs. She was 2 years younger then me, and dropped her bottle at the top of the stairs, which broke and caused a milk waterfall down the stairs. My mom was not happy, to say the least.

My aunt and uncle used to get milk delivered from their local dairy in metal cans that were several gallons in size. Pasturization did all of this in by extending the shelf life of milk long enough for it to be more-readily sold in stores, by the mid to late 1960s.

The milkman, as he was called, wore a uniform complete with a white hat that kind of looked like a Halloween costume, or a nurse's uniform.

Mark

#259472 - 11/01/08 12:56 PM Re: Halloween [Re: Trucker51]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Time Warp! We too had a milkman, also an egg man and a bread man. Milk went into the milkbox which was a small cupboard in the wall of the house. The milkman had access from the outside, and we had access from the inside. For a time, it was also a way of getting into the house if the door was locked.
Long, long (thinner!) time ago,,,

Jim

#259474 - 11/01/08 01:00 PM Re: Halloween [Re: Trucker51]
sunwolf Offline

Loc: Indiana
I still recall...when i was 5 my mother dressed me as a little princess for holloween...for me at that time was ok...i didnt know better...when i was 12 i went treat or trick with my older bro...he went with me to my cousins...the treat was i was forced to s...ck them and was sodomized...

#259477 - 11/01/08 01:09 PM Re: Halloween [Re: sunwolf]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I think that the worst thing that I recall was one Halloween when my dad got mad and smacked me and knocked all of my candy all over the driveway, then recall my parent's fighting over it. Or another time when I got way more candy then my little sister then my dad played Robin Hood by force, knocking my candy all over the kitchen. Then another big argument followed.

Sorry to hear about your experience with Halloween and certainly I didn't mean to minimize your Halloween experiences with humor and recalling old details from our past. The milkman bit came from something that Peter Corbett had said.

Mark

#259480 - 11/01/08 01:17 PM Re: Halloween [Re: Trucker51]
Tinman Offline

Loc: Lake Forest, CA
The last Halloween I remember going out on was when I was 8 and my father (the perp) dressed me as a dog and took me to all the neighbors houses and said "See my dog? Isn't he ugly? Want to see him do a trick?" And then he would make me eat dog food (Purina dry) in front of them and laugh. He took the candy and ate it. Woof!

I hide on Halloween.

To the perps: Don't worry about me coming after you. But you damn well better watch out for God! "Vengeance is mine", saith the Lord

#259482 - 11/01/08 01:19 PM Re: Halloween [Re: Trucker51]
sunwolf Offline

Loc: Indiana
It is Ok Trucker...my own experiences are not the rest...I did enjoy the milkman post and also the soapbox costume...I am just trying to get over this and venting out helps...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.