Newest Members
hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt, feartheroo, Xzander32244
12130 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ACLover94 (50), Henry (40), james 1959 (55), Johnny90 (24), poliwog (44), Starbuck (38)
Who's Online
6 registered (don64, I Want 2 Thrive, 4 invisible), 67 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12130 Members
73 Forums
62552 Topics
438310 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#261347 - 11/12/08 05:11 PM Re: Utah, Mormons, & Prop 8 [Re: Roofus]
cstjude Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Canada
I hope the movement is growing and that the protests will get bigger! The story about the baby is appalling. Your friend must have been devastated.

I know it sounds awful to say, but I'm glad to be Canadian when I hear what is going on in Arkansas and Utah and California. We have our religious barking nutcases here too, but they tend not to have the same impact on social policy.

Sigh.

C

#261471 - 11/13/08 02:36 PM Re: Utah, Mormons, & Prop 8 [Re: Roofus]
Stephen_5 Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern California Foothills
Allen,

Your response was reasoned and rational. Unfortunately reason usually doesn't enter into discussions about sex, politics or religion, all of which are in play here. I love my husband and he loves me. I cannot understand why that has any effect on anyone else. Do these narrow-minded judgemental people think that if their sons or daughters see me and my partner walking down the street, enjoying being with each other, happy and holding hands, it will turn them gay? What if they are gay? I think that there needs to be more gay role models. We're just a normal over sixty couple; we don't have rainbow flags or wear over-the-top clothes. What are they afraid of, that their children will grow up to be more accepting and open?

A lot of older voters voted for Proposition 8, a lot of younger voters voted against it; eventually, through attrition, gay Americans will be welcomed into society for who we are and what we contribute, not who we love.

Take good care of yourself,

Steve

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.