Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 11 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63578 Topics
444190 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#259726 - 11/02/08 05:01 PM Re: Utah, Mormons, & Prop 8 [Re: cstjude]
Roofus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Utah
Well said, thanks.

#259728 - 11/02/08 05:03 PM Re: Utah, Mormons, & Prop 8 [Re: cstjude]
Roofus Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is an up-date to what I have previously posted... and I have also posted it in the GLBT forum... but... since this thread is still alive... I figured what the hell I'd post it here too.

Originally Posted By: Roofus
I know I've already said said my peace regarding California's proposition 8, however... The latest statistics report that the Mormon church is singly the largest contributor supporting proposition 8 which will ban gay marriage in California. As of today, they have contributed over $20 million towards this campaign, and tonight they are sending hordes of their members to California from Utah to campaign during the last 48 hours of election time.

This is not an issue that involves just those living in California! Nor is it an issue that only involves Utah and Mormons! This affects every gay, bi, trans person in our country. This is an equal rights issue!

If California overturns the right for us to marry, it will send a message to surrounding states, the Mormon church, as well as others, that bigotry & discrimination is a value supported by our country! Not to mention, if the day comes that gay marriage is approached within your state, the California election results will certainly play a part in any states decision to pursue it.

I am asking any of you... all of you, if you have any family, friends or acquaintances that live within California, please call them, email, or contact them in whatever way possible to please ask them to VOTE NO to Proposition 8.

#259818 - 11/03/08 12:20 AM Re: Utah, Mormons, & Prop 8 [Re: Roofus]
cstjude Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Canada

There's also a proposition on the Ballot on November 4th seeking to bar gay and lesbian couples from adopting or from being foster parents in Arkansas!

When are we going to accept that our humanity can't be pointed to on an anatomy chart or graphed on a sexual proclivity test?

C.

#259919 - 11/03/08 03:45 PM Re: Utah, Mormons, & Prop 8 [Re: cstjude]
Roofus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks for pointing that out C! I hope Arkansas will also see the light of day, and grant us our equal rights. I have friends that live there, I will email them and ask them to vote against that proposition.

Allen

#260075 - 11/04/08 06:02 PM Re: Utah, Mormons, & Prop 8 [Re: Roofus]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Allen,

From what I heard prop 8 is going to be real close vote here in California.
Which is surpising when look at the polls from just a few weeks ago.
We proably won,t know until late tonight or even tomorrow which way it goes.
I did what I could.

Mike

Edited by michael banks (11/04/08 06:05 PM)

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#260148 - 11/05/08 11:23 AM Re: Utah, Mormons, & Prop 8 [Re: michael banks]
Niels Offline
MaleSurvivor

It seems UnChristian fanatism won - the good is crying cry and the evil are laughing grin. Immigrate to Europe gay folks - California do not deserve you. I also encourage LDS Church members to stop paying tithing and use this money to support causes worth supporting and those in need they know. The LDS Church is spending 3 billion dollars on Shopping mall next to the Temple Square, claiming that this is what Jesus want. Think about it: they spent 30 times as much on a shopping mall in downtown SLC than they did on charity the last 25 years. Any claims that this church is lead by revelation from God and Christ have now been proven to be utterly false. You can choose to stick it out as incactive members, stopping to devote any more of your time, money and talents to support the Mormon Inc. Like I do. Or you can send your letter of resignation following these instructions:

Letter of resignation http://www.watchman.org/lds/instruct.htm

Send a clear message stating that the cause of your resignation is the First Presidencys political actions specifically supporting proposition 8.

It is a another sad day for America. The Constitution and the Pledge af Alligiance is nothing but hollow words : Liberty and justice for all?????????? These genocide for Jesus hatemongers just wiped their asses in the flag.

Lets hope that the political change the new elected president will bring will truly change America, so it becomes what it was meant to be: The United States, not red and blue states, not gays and straights, blacks or whites, but one people making a land of the free and home of the brave, and who remember the words of the founding fathers in the Declaration of Independance: We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

#260218 - 11/05/08 09:16 PM Re: Utah, Mormons, & Prop 8 [Re: cstjude]
Roofus Offline
MaleSurvivor

I am so sad, so sad... this is so emotional to me.

I am so sick, I am so sad! the Mormon Church has effectively influenced the population of California to send the message to the rest of our Nation that HATE, BIGOTRY, & DISCRIMINATION remain alive and thrive within our country.

I am so sad.

#260357 - 11/06/08 09:24 PM Re: Utah, Mormons, & Prop 8 [Re: Roofus]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Allen,

Sometimes change just takes awhile so don't lose hope.

Look what happen on tuesday.
With the election of President Obama, we as Americans have finally started to heal from our long history of racial bigotry.
Prop 8 didn't win by much and look how much money the LDS and Focus on the Family pour into that prop to win it.

Remember what Martin Luther King said " We Shall Overcome" and I believe one day we as Americans shall put to rest all of our bigotries.

I am just one of many straight people who support gay people in their struggle For equal rights.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#260378 - 11/07/08 12:41 AM Re: Utah, Mormons, & Prop 8 [Re: michael banks]
cstjude Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Canada
Who are we more angry and disappointed with? The Mormon Church for laying the path of bigotry before Californians or Californians for choosing that path?

I agree with Mike, we as a species have suffered a setback. Because when one of us is diminished in this way, it diminishes us all.

I heard something encouraging on Larry King tonight. John King was filling in and interviewing a Republican strategist (whose name escapes me now.) She said, "The Republican Party used to stand for small government, fiscal responsibility, and national defense. We wanted to keep government off our backs. Now the Party says, we want to be the government that tells you how to live your life, that wants to judge you, that wants into your bedroom. And that is just wrong."

Maybe there are enlightened elements who want to get social conservatism garbage out of the Republican party. They got in bed with the right wing and now it's cost them the White House and the Congress and the respect and participation of moderates and soft Democrats.

Their party is in turmoil all because of Carl Rove and his courting of the extreme religious right; so so-called Republican "base". It lasted less than a decade and now they realize real political debate and founding principles have been hijacked by petty-minded, ignorant, hurtful, stunted human beings (of the ilk of Governor Palin).

I certainly hope the Republicans come to their senses and marginalize this dangerous element of American society. As a concerned neighbour, Canadians want our US brothers and sisters to heal - they deserve better.

C.

#260421 - 11/07/08 12:58 PM Re: Utah, Mormons, & Prop 8 [Re: cstjude]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I too am feeling really sad about this.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.