Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
2 registered (Jacob S, pow), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63782 Topics
445407 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#257140 - 10/23/08 08:32 AM First moments of self-awareness
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Guys?

When was the very first time you realized who you were and had an actual conceptualization that you had a place in this world and that you were an individual that was part of it?

When I was 5 years old, between pre-school and kindergarten, the routine for me (I spent a lot of time alone) was to go across the street to a vacant lot with a butterfly net and catch butterflies. When I reminisce this moment, I keep shaking my head while thinking about ME being a totally innocent 5 year-old catching butterflies in a sunny field, lol. ANYWAY..............

I remember this ONE specific morning, it was a beautiful summer morning, I remember trapping this moth/butterfly, and it was trapped, and........before I did anything to look at it, I stopped, and I looked around. All of a sudden, I seemed to acknowledge that there was a big world out there, and that .......... I was a part of it. It was an important moment to me, because I was very young, and remembering a specific moment of pure natural progression and personal growth. I had, at the age of 5, all by myself, at that specific moment, realized that I was not the center of the universe, but that I was part of it, and that I was an individual with unique looks, personality, and talents, (like catching butterflies). Also important to note about his moment, is that I FELT GOOD about WHO I was.

I wish I could have been there for him. He was headed for disaster only a couple years later. frown

I just wanted to share this with you.

#257158 - 10/23/08 10:52 AM Re: First moments of self-awareness [Re: Hauser]
potchoman Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: colorado
i am still very in and out on this realization and so seem to believe that at the very least i am on the journey...i am so very glad for you, Hauser and i take whatever encouragement that i feel upon reading your post that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and not a tunnel at the end of the light...

#258824 - 10/29/08 03:08 PM Re: First moments of self-awareness [Re: potchoman]
dusty42 Offline

Loc: Kentucky
Dusty42 has deleted this message. I no longer feel safe here.

Edited by dusty42 (03/18/09 03:10 PM)
Edit Reason: I no longer feel safe here

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.