Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64020 Topics
446789 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#257140 - 10/23/08 08:32 AM First moments of self-awareness
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Guys?

When was the very first time you realized who you were and had an actual conceptualization that you had a place in this world and that you were an individual that was part of it?

When I was 5 years old, between pre-school and kindergarten, the routine for me (I spent a lot of time alone) was to go across the street to a vacant lot with a butterfly net and catch butterflies. When I reminisce this moment, I keep shaking my head while thinking about ME being a totally innocent 5 year-old catching butterflies in a sunny field, lol. ANYWAY..............

I remember this ONE specific morning, it was a beautiful summer morning, I remember trapping this moth/butterfly, and it was trapped, and........before I did anything to look at it, I stopped, and I looked around. All of a sudden, I seemed to acknowledge that there was a big world out there, and that .......... I was a part of it. It was an important moment to me, because I was very young, and remembering a specific moment of pure natural progression and personal growth. I had, at the age of 5, all by myself, at that specific moment, realized that I was not the center of the universe, but that I was part of it, and that I was an individual with unique looks, personality, and talents, (like catching butterflies). Also important to note about his moment, is that I FELT GOOD about WHO I was.

I wish I could have been there for him. He was headed for disaster only a couple years later. frown

I just wanted to share this with you.

#257158 - 10/23/08 10:52 AM Re: First moments of self-awareness [Re: Hauser]
potchoman Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: colorado
i am still very in and out on this realization and so seem to believe that at the very least i am on the journey...i am so very glad for you, Hauser and i take whatever encouragement that i feel upon reading your post that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and not a tunnel at the end of the light...

#258824 - 10/29/08 03:08 PM Re: First moments of self-awareness [Re: potchoman]
dusty42 Offline

Loc: Kentucky
Dusty42 has deleted this message. I no longer feel safe here.

Edited by dusty42 (03/18/09 03:10 PM)
Edit Reason: I no longer feel safe here

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.