Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
3 registered (rolex, 2 invisible), 8 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447978 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#258544 - 10/28/08 01:29 PM Re: Acting Out...(might trigger) [Re: sunwolf]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
And it may give you a sense of being in control of a sexual situation when you did not have control back then.

#258647 - 10/28/08 09:02 PM Re: Acting Out...(might trigger) [Re: sunwolf]
Davesc Offline

Loc: NJ
I continued to act out all my life. Love was sex and sex was love . All the boys who lived around me knew I was a good time. I have carried it into adulthood. I am trying to break that pattern. You may have been trying to relive it to get a high or what you thought was love or you may have acted out to get rid of the pain , or give it to someone else. WE WERE KIDS. Different rules apply. It was and is not your fault. Go easy on yourself. Dave

#258649 - 10/28/08 09:03 PM Re: Acting Out...(might trigger) [Re: AndyJB2005]
Davesc Offline

I continued to act out all my life. Love was sex and sex was love . All the boys who lived around me knew I was a good time. I have carried it into adulthood. I am trying to break that pattern. You may have been trying to relive it to get a high or what you thought was love or you may have acted out to get rid of the pain , or give it to someone else. WE WERE KIDS. Different rules apply. It was and is not your fault. Go easy on yourself. Dave

#258665 - 10/28/08 09:35 PM Re: Acting Out...(might trigger) [Re: Davesc]
Dan99 Offline

Loc: Washington DC
The problem with acting out sexually is eventually it stops giving you the numbing feeling you want. And then where are you? Right back where you started, alone with yourself and your thoughts and feelings.

love like you've never been hurt;
and live life every day as if it were your last.

#258682 - 10/28/08 10:45 PM Re: Acting Out...(might trigger) [Re: sunwolf]
nevragan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NC
I was wondering if acting out was a way to try to change the outcome of what originally happened long ago. It's like finding fire ants crawling on your leg and you brush them off. For the next few minutes you keep checking because you feel like they are crawling on you again but they aren't there when you check again. I don't know if this makes sense to anyone. Maybe it all has to do with being creatures of habit. Hopefully time will reveal it.

#258775 - 10/29/08 11:36 AM Re: Acting Out...(might trigger) [Re: nevragan]
sunwolf Offline

Loc: Indiana
The bottomline, I think, is that we should not blame ourselves for acting out...no matter the causes or what triggers it...thats something we need to learn to get over, the shame and guiltiness...

#258786 - 10/29/08 12:13 PM Re: Acting Out...(might trigger) [Re: sunwolf]
Davesc Offline

My acting out always feel good to me. It is the shame of lying to family that kills me. I wish I could just say I need to get f****d and it would be alright with the world. Hurt someone and ying I think is what brings me shame

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.