Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (Mr. Malaise), 22 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63230 Topics
442166 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#258487 - 10/28/08 09:54 AM non-toxic eating plan for maximum health
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
hi all! i just thought i would share a recipe for a healthful eating strategy that i have discovered along the way from my experiences in oa and with a registered dietician.

if you eat like this for 3 weeks you'll see a big difference in weight, attitude, and energy level. try to eat only 3-4 times per day, with nothing in between meals but living food, i e, food that is not dead, and prepackaged. usually those are high in acid and those kill your body's metabolizing mechanism. live foods [foods as close to the natural state as possible] are higher in alkalinity, which the blood really prefers.

food groups from which to choose:

protein
milk [8 oz serving...low fat or skim]
eggs [1]
pnut butter [2 tbs]
fish all types [6 oz...no breading, baked]
tofu
hot dog [1; less than 3 grams fat]
beef [6oz very lean; 4 oz lean; 3 oz medium, or 2 oz high fat]
cheese [1-2 oz]
chicken [6 oz.....no breading or skin, baked]
cottage cheese [non-fat]
yogurt [plain, non fat]

starch
peas [1/2 c]
corn [1/2 c]
lima beans [1/2 c]
potato [1/2 c]
rice [1/3 c]
pasta [1/2 c]
lentils and beans [1/2 c]
bread [1 or 2 slices]
cereal [avoid prepackaged/processed which is full of crap]
oatmeal and other grain cereals[1/2 c dry]

veggies-fresh or frozen is best
salad [all you can eat]
tomato
green beans
broccoli
asparagus
mushrooms
cucumbers
carrots
celery
etc

fat-you need this too! limit to 5grams per meal
butter
peanuts [1 oz]
oil
use spray oil for cooking or on salad...does not amount to much

fruit-fresh or frozen
avoid canned as they are soaked in sugary water.
pineapple [canned is ok, as long as in natural juice]
watermelon [a good filler]
raisins
banana
peach
nectarines
grapes
apples
etc

cautions
  • eat as much fresh whole live as you want. fill yourself up with these
  • limit fats as they kill your body's metabolizing mechanism
  • make delicious dressing using fruit juice or just vinegar or lemon. watch oil as it counts towards the 5 grams of fat per meal. also, the salads natural juices are delicious too, but the taste buds need to be reconditioned from too much sweet and salty.
  • limit snack foods such as chips; balance them with other whole, live natural foods. limit quantity to 10 to satisfy the urge for salty, crunchy, texture eating
  • avoid sugar based drinks....this is like putting sugar in a gas tank! they kill the insulin distribution mechaism. drink lots of water every day [lots of times you think you are hungry, but usually a full stomach of water will suffice] make iced tea [cold water and a tea bag--put in the fridge before meal then add a splenda. splenda is made from real sugar cane, but the component that triggers the insulin has been extracted. that's what distinguishes it from other artificial sweeteners].
  • read labels! the most prominent ingredients are listed in the first 5. anything sugar such as dextrose, sucrose, maltodextrose in one of the 5 first ingredients should be avoided.

==================
when eating is not planned, then patterns seem to design themselves; usually, that leads to grabbing what's quickest and most convenient...... not a good idea! here's to your health! enjoy!

#262382 - 11/17/08 11:47 PM Re: non-toxic eating plan for maximum health [Re: Sans Logos]
midnight51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

One thing that I think has attributed to my well being is taking Fish Oil supplements. I take 2 pills every morning as well as Vitamin B12 (liquid form NOT pill, administered under your tongue for 30 seconds).

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.