Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 57 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63109 Topics
441332 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#257884 - 10/25/08 07:37 PM Re: Body Failure - Trigger Warning [Re: LN3(SS)]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
Gentlemen,

As of yesterday, I have stopped all my medications in preparation for the colonoscopy Friday.

I really don't want to do this as I remember my last test VIVIDLY, but some things in life must be done no matter the cost.

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#257927 - 10/25/08 09:50 PM Re: Body Failure - Trigger Warning [Re: LN3(SS)]
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Brian,

you'll make it through this one ok - just don't forget to ask for the extra meds - I may not be there in real life with you - but I sure will be thinking of you...

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#258923 - 10/29/08 10:09 PM Re: Body Failure - Trigger Warning [Re: TJ jeff]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

I commence my purging for my colonoscopy tomorrow.

Damn, I'm scared. Part of me wants to be relieved, but everything else wants to be scared and RUN. Don't go near THERE!

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#259053 - 10/30/08 03:21 PM Re: Body Failure - Trigger Warning [Re: LN3(SS)]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Brian,

You are pretty young to be having a colonscopy aren't you or is this related to your abuse?
I hope everything goes well tomorrow for you.
You will be in my prayers.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#259074 - 10/30/08 05:10 PM Re: Body Failure - Trigger Warning [Re: michael banks]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yeah Mike, it's abuse related. I'm 28.

I wish there was some way to give this gift back to HIM, but there's not.

My body is falling apart inside because of that sicko, and there's not a DAMN thing I can do!

Brian

#259103 - 10/30/08 07:45 PM Re: Body Failure - Trigger Warning [Re: LN3(SS)]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I'm here for you, Brian. I still remember the courage demonstrated at Kirkridge. Your brothers are all with you in spirit, my friend. You can do this.

Please, as best you can, keep us informed.

M

#259126 - 10/30/08 10:16 PM Re: Body Failure - Trigger Warning [Re: LandOfShadow]
NeEd2HeEl Offline

Here's something on body failure. I'm 24 yrs old and I've reached the point where I don't really feel alive anymore. My strength, endurance, concentration, etc has all started to be affected by whatever's going on... There's times when I feel very alive like i'm running on all cylinders but those are usually in situations where my adrenaline is pumping giving a sensory overload type feeling or something. I'm just coming to grips with a childhood sexual abuse incident and realizing and seeing how it has affected my life all these years. Finally i'm like "this is what's been wrong with me, and this is why my life leading up to this has been such a confusing, unsuccessful, and unhappy trail of events" and i feel all these emotions whenever i think about what happened and all that its caused. There's so much confusion and so many different emotions that i almost just go numb and block things out. At this point I just do what I gotta do each day and whenever there's a ray of hope I try to have a laugh and enjoy the positive thinking/feeling as long as i can. but i don't have a good understanding of what's going on and I know i'm in need of some help. I don't want/like medications as I have tried them in the past. They make me feel like a zombie and not myself. I have gotten painful headaches and disgusting/discomforting feelings like i'm being taken advantage of or something... What is the purpose of SSRI's and all that stuff anyways?? What the hell do they provide or put in our body/brain that we might be lacking or need to feel better/normal anyway??

As you can probably see I'm pretty untrusting. I'm also pretty anti-social and anti.. well, a lot of things... but I know there's hope. I want and will get better from this... I'm just trying to figure things out. Help is appreciated

#259155 - 10/31/08 06:07 AM Re: Body Failure - Trigger Warning [Re: NeEd2HeEl]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Need2:

The point behind many anti-depressants is to try to balance brain chemistry. Seritonin is a brain chemical. You would have to ask one of our doctor-types here to get a better understanding of what a seritonin re-uptake inhibitor does for your brain chemistry or what symptom your doctor is trying to treat. It sounds like they are trying to treat your depression. One valuable source for medical information is the website of the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. I think that it is MayoClinic.com but I am not sure. (Do a Google search if that isn't right). There is extensive medical knowledge there plus the ability to question their staff by email on the site too.

Welocme to our site. I think that you will find us to be a caring and sensitive bunch of guys all working to free ourselves of the effects of what was done to us together. Glad that you found us, and hope that we can be of help in your recovery.

Most of our members use the survivor forum and the off-topic forum. We also have an extensive collection of survivor stories. Feel free to take a look and don't be afraid to ask any of us with any question that you might have.

Mark

#259162 - 10/31/08 08:45 AM Re: Body Failure - Trigger Warning [Re: MarkK]
mcd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Brian,
Remember your pebble and know we all are watching over you! Together we are strong. I see that big wonderful smile of yours in my eye's mind and my voice sings out to you.
As Mark said, "we are all with you in spirit." Take it slow and keep us informed.

Best,
JA & the WoR bears

#259210 - 10/31/08 02:14 PM Re: Body Failure - Trigger Warning [Re: mcd]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Brian,

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you today. I know your procedure takes place sometime today, and if I can send you a couple thoughts...

* You are not alone
* BREATHE

... not necessarily in that order ...

M

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.