Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
1 registered (lapchinj), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#257755 - 10/25/08 11:15 AM all is not hunky dory in the promised land....
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
or maybe it is.

i had a melt down yesterday after revisiting tom's post of yore.

seeing all that in one place was like throwing scalding water on me, and was the one thing that i needed to bring me back down to earth from my ivory tower; it was the missing link that i needed to join a carefully crafted bridge from one ground to another. from solid to sand.

after spending year after year trying to get to the bottom of my subconscious agenda, i have finally arrived at a point where there has been a great deal of enlightenment regarding my motivations, and the sense of 'me' that had been contrived over the years.

now that the day of reckinong has come and gone, i find myself, not with the peace that i imagined would be found, but with an underlying anxiety, that seems to stem from the fact that i no long feel driven by any type of motivation at all.

this feels so foreign, and so scary to me. it feels as if there IS no me anymore.

and the days hours and minutes are excruciatingly painful to appear in, because i have no prior experience of living so fully present. i want to run away from the screaming silence, but my prophetic song 'dark canyon' echo's it truth: my green eyes seeking better places, saw before them empty spaces when i arrived'. nothing entices me or fills me anymore. i am empty.

i used to preoccupy myself with so many agendas: concern about food, self-medicating activities and behaviors, self-actualization, opinion, morality....you name it, i learned to use anything i could to keep the motion of self in fast forward trajectory, living on any other plane than that of the here and now.

now i am just 'here'. in the middle of a desert.

yet, lo and behold, i find...... i am not alone.

more later......but for now, back to pondering

#257851 - 10/25/08 05:50 PM Re: all is not hunky dory in the promised land.... [Re: Sans Logos]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Ron,

Maybe you are not empty but rather you are no longer full of what you though you should be. And are discovering who you were truely meant to be. And like with all new things it takes time to adjust to them.

Hey, if your in the middle of the desert you must be close by, don't forget to stop by and say hello.

If you ever need a ride, you can hop on my camel on the way to the promise land.

Your Friend

MIKE

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#257882 - 10/25/08 07:32 PM Re: all is not hunky dory in the promised land.... [Re: michael banks]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by ttoon (11/16/08 11:03 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.