Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (wild_turky, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63434 Topics
443441 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#257881 - 10/25/08 07:32 PM I had a real scare
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Yesterday around three pm I went to the refrid to get my youngest daughter some juice.
I reach to open the door,when all of sudden I felt A pain in my chest that spread to my to my back.
It felt as if someone had me in a bear hug and was squezzing the breath out of me.
I was bent over at the waist and was unable to raise or lower due to the pain.
I stood there hoping that the pain would subside.
I was scared that as Redd Fox use to say on Sanford and son that I was having the big one.
I could not take a deep breath only swallow ones.My wife asked me if I was Ok and said no and to call 911 whick she did. after about 10 minutes I finally got down in a sitting position with my back against the frig. I ask my wife to get a cool wet cloth and wipe off my face because I really sweating.
Another 10 minutes the paramedics arived and hooked me up to a monitor to do a ekg. Then put me on a gurney and took me in the ambulance.
At the hospital they put me in a room.
The nurse and the er doctor asked me what had happened, after I told them I saw the nurse point to her chart and look the doctor. They didn't say anything and then they left. and a few minutes later a lady with a mobile x-ray machine came into take a chest x-ray of my heart and lungs.
A few minutes after that i was taken to have a cat scan of my chest.

In the end the nurse came back and told my wife and I that my heart and lungs looked great.
Also there is no blockadge in my arties.
That there was no signs that I had had an heart attack.
That what I had was Pluerisy-an inflammation of the lining of the lungs due to a viral infection.

This incident reminded me how fragile life is you can be perfectly healthy one minute and gone the
next.
That I should live life to it's fullest because you never know if it is your last.

MIKE

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#257886 - 10/25/08 07:41 PM Re: I had a real scare [Re: michael banks]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Glad that you are doing better, Mike. There seem to be a lot of odd viral infections going around lately. I got one 15 months ago that required 2 three-day dosages with a "Z-Pack" (ezithromyacin) to conquer. It was a lung infection too. And the other day when I scheduled another EGD, the nurse at the hospital hosting the event asked me if I had ever had some other bad staph infection yet. I guess that a lot of meds just are not working like they used to.

Get better soon!

Mark

#257893 - 10/25/08 08:23 PM Re: I had a real scare [Re: Trucker51]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Whew!

Yes! I'm VERY glad to hear that this wasn't a heart-related problem for you.

And yes, tomorrow is promised to no one, I read of teenagers falling over from heart attacks, it CAN happen to ANYONE.

I bet it feels good knowing that this wasn't a heart attack, huh?

#257899 - 10/25/08 08:36 PM Re: I had a real scare [Re: michael banks]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
boy mike i can only image all the thoughts running through your head about what would happen to the kids and fam if something happened to you and all. that moment musta been terrifying!

i have a terrifying trial with a kidney stone a couple years back. i didn't know what it was, and i thought i was dying....no really, i wanted to die! that pain was very intense. even my gal friends told me they'd rather give birth than endure that pain of a kidney stone...that's how intense it was.

i guess i lived through it.....and i'm glad you survived your pain. i hope you can get the rest you need in order to heal well enough to be your best fully functional self as quickly as possible.

i'll just bet you're getting a LOT of attention about now, and you deserve it!

blessings to you mike,

ron

#257952 - 10/25/08 11:05 PM Re: I had a real scare [Re: Sans Logos]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
currently going through pneumonia here, and despite being a smoker, I have never felt worse. I have never competed with my pets for the most furballs in the house! EVER!
GASP! Wheeze!

get well!

Jim

#257960 - 10/25/08 11:19 PM Re: I had a real scare [Re: Geeders]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Ron,

I too have suffered passsing kidney stones.
most painful thing that I have ever felt.

Thanks for your thoughts Guys- means alot to me.

MIKE

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#257996 - 10/26/08 04:02 AM Re: I had a real scare [Re: michael banks]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Glad u r alright. Does sound like quite a scare. Hope u r doing better. Life is fragile..unless you go through life wanting 2 die which grants you immortality for as long as u want 2 die. That's the way it seems to work for me, anyway. So the more depressed I am the more likely I'll be alive for every depressing moment! smile frown

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.