Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 32 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444539 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#257570 - 10/24/08 09:19 PM Re: Surgery on Friday [Re: wes-b]
Tinman Offline

Loc: Lake Forest, CA
Thank you all for the good thoughts and prayers.

Unfortunately, they refused to do the surgery today due because they say I am not breathing well enough for the anesthesia. I have to get clearance from a pulmonologist. And my blood pressure is too high.

I am so frustrated because I had finally managed to get myself calm enough and ready for this only to be told it can't be done.

There is a big part of me that wants to say screw this! They pushed me toward this when I might have been able to wait and they never warned me about these things that had to be under control!!!!

To the perps: Don't worry about me coming after you. But you damn well better watch out for God! "Vengeance is mine", saith the Lord

#257649 - 10/25/08 12:40 AM Re: Surgery on Friday [Re: Tinman]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
If you are on blood pressure meds they will want to increase your dosage or start you on BP meds if you are not. This is the best thing for your heart, especially if you want to live a lot longer. If you smoke try to cut down or quit. You can fix your breathing problem temporarily with an asthma inhaler like Primatine but this is not a good strategy in the long run either, as it will also raise your blood pressure. How is your cholesterol? If it is high you may need to modify your diet too, because you don't want your veins all clogged-up either.

Hopefully they can get you back in to see the surgeon soon.

Have hope,

Mark

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.