Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
2 registered (tbkkfile, MissesMe), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63772 Topics
445343 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 13 of 15 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
#259002 - 10/30/08 12:31 PM Re: reinstatement [Re: Barkabus]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
Might I suggest giving up?

I am obviously not going to get what I need to hear. I needed to hear honesty. Unfortunately, in this situation, it's like my revictimization by the Navy. I am to pretend nothing happened and accept the word of my senior officers.

"God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I can,
and the WISDOM to know the difference."

::salutes, says "aye, aye sir", about faces, and leaves this thread::

Much hurting,
Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#259028 - 10/30/08 01:42 PM Re: reinstatement [Re: LN3(SS)]
Nyjah Offline
MaleSurvivor

deleted.

Edited by Nyjah (10/30/08 04:28 PM)

#259040 - 10/30/08 02:16 PM Re: reinstatement [Re: Nyjah]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Hey,

Just wondering, is the horse dead yet?

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#259058 - 10/30/08 03:44 PM Re: reinstatement [Re: michael banks]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Originally Posted By: michael banks
Hey,

Mike

Probly, but let em beat it anyway..they've had 2 deal with a lot of horseshit.

I'm 4 giving him another chance, but if he's not willing 2 deal with a lot of people being angry about what he did, then I'd question whether he deserves it.

One thing though..(and this isn't in reply to you Micheal,) I don't really like the insinuations made about something far more heinous that hasn't been confessed and can't be talked about. I mean, if someone has some reason 2 believe something more sinister happened than what has been brought to light, but is prevented from discussing it here bcuz of confidentiality issues, then bring that up with Larry, but this talking about what can't be talked about stuff just gives me a headache.

I don't like my being made 2 feel like I should disagree with Larry's decision based on something I can know nothing about.

It's kinda like saying "Don't vote for Obama! I can't tell you why, but, boy if you only knew!" crazy

#259070 - 10/30/08 04:53 PM Re: reinstatement [Re: MarkK]
feelingafraid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 5,471 FT above sea level
SORRY I OPENED MY MOUTH ABOUT IT

tobybreal

Edited by feelingafraid (10/30/08 04:59 PM)
Edit Reason: FEAR

#259076 - 10/30/08 05:26 PM Re: reinstatement [Re: feelingafraid]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
In light of some unfounded statements made on this thread we would like everyone to know that Chris has framed his statement to our community according to the guidelines the ModTeam as a whole has given him and in accordance with the very strict conditions governing his return. Further matters cannot and will not be discussed because they relate to the cases of other users and raise important issues of confidentiality. This is a well-known principle on this site and will not be compromised. Calls for Chris to divulge details on other matters are therefore inappropriate.

Chris has struggled through some very difficult and soul-searching work in order to gain his return, and we are working with others in the same way we have worked with him. Rumors and suggestions along any other lines are unfounded.

Please bear in mind that while this thread has been opened for Chris to hear your comments, this site is about healing and recovery. Guys returning to the site after having acted out with their broken boundaries are already feeling bad enough about themselves. This site is about healing and recovery; it is not about further destruction of guys - and this includes all of us - who come here in need of understanding and support. We all came here broken in one form or another, with the hope of regaining some wholeness.

Eddie, aka EGL
For the ModTeam

#259147 - 10/31/08 01:26 AM Re: reinstatement [Re: blueshift]
Stretch73 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Sea Isle City, NJ
Originally Posted By: blueshift
Hey,

Mike

Probly, but let em beat it anyway..they've had 2 deal with a lot of horseshit.

I'm 4 giving him another chance, but if he's not willing 2 deal with a lot of people being angry about what he did, then I'd question whether he deserves it.

One thing though..(and this isn't in reply to you Micheal,) I don't really like the insinuations made about something far more heinous that hasn't been confessed and can't be talked about. I mean, if someone has some reason 2 believe something more sinister happened than what has been brought to light, but is prevented from discussing it here bcuz of confidentiality issues, then bring that up with Larry, but this talking about what can't be talked about stuff just gives me a headache.

I don't like my being made 2 feel like I should disagree with Larry's decision based on something I can know nothing about.

It's kinda like saying "Don't vote for Obama! I can't tell you why, but, boy if you only knew!" crazy

So true, but it's also like telling someone there's a fire, but not telling them "where!"

#259199 - 10/31/08 01:15 PM Re: reinstatement [Re: Stretch73]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Rich,

If your close to a fire you usually see and smell the smoke.
And unless you are with the fire department it's exact location is not important.
looky Lou's tend to get in the way.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#259207 - 10/31/08 02:07 PM Re: reinstatement [Re: michael banks]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
And unless you are with the fire department it's exact location is not important.

I don't think I could have said it better.
Thanx, Mike.

My 2 cents:
** The 'powers-that-be' have decided to reinstate Chris. I learned trust their judgement in the past - they haven't changed - I trust them now.
** Whether or not I forgive, or speak to, Chris will remain between him and I.

Thanx again, Mike - for saying what I couldn't figure out how to say.

M

#259296 - 10/31/08 09:28 PM Re: reinstatement [Re: michael banks]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Rich,

Mike

laugh ...nice! That was totally slick! cool smile

Page 13 of 15 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.