Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
5 registered (WalkingBuffalo, bluesky, EchoSoul, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64164 Topics
447755 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#256411 - 10/19/08 11:49 PM Red Sox :(
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Tampa beat my Red Sox frown

But if anyone had to do it, you could not ask for a better team than the Rays to do the job.

can I stick out my tongue just once?

#256434 - 10/20/08 03:28 AM Re: Red Sox :( [Re: Still]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
The D. Rays vs Richie's Phils? I wonder what the odds were in Vegas on that combination back in April? My dad was a big and log-suffering Red Sox fan who never saw them win the Series in his lifetime (1930-1999). I was there to watch him grimace as the ball went right through Buckner's legs so long ago though. That was as close as my dad ever got with the Red Sox. Remember 1967 and Carl Yaztremski and the Cards and Bob Gibson? I got to watch every game.

My Tigers went a long time until 1968, then it was years before Kirk Gibson's big day at old Tiger Stadium back in the 1980s. And you guys stopped our Rockies 25-game winning streak, so I don't really feel so bad for your Red Sox either. I've been to Fenway in my lifetime and it's a crazy place. I so loved the beer vendors out near the right field foul pole there with their crazy Boston accents.

Go Devil Rays!!! Sorry Richie, maybe next time.

Mark

Edited by Trucker51 (10/20/08 03:31 AM)
Edit Reason: Added color

#257141 - 10/23/08 09:05 AM Re: Red Sox :( [Re: Trucker51]
JBells Offline

Loc: Juneau
Sorry I am adding this comment a little late but I couldn't resist. I am not even going to talk about the RS until next April. I don't want the Rays to win, they're way too cocky. I'm glad I don't have to sit there and listen to those damn cow bells anymore! Hey Mark - they got rid of the Devil. They're just the Rays now.

#257354 - 10/24/08 02:59 AM Re: Red Sox :( [Re: JBells]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I've seen them play at Coors Field when they were the Devil Rays. They were another sacrificial lamb for a Rockies late-inning comeback after a long rain-delay one night. That rain delay was one of my most memorable nights ever at any sports event I went to. We got 10th row seats right behind the 3rd base dugout on the street for less then face value. In a deluge several younger ladies got up on top of the Rockies dugout and did the Macarena as the stadium organist played it for them, then they led about 1000 younger people in a Conga Line as the rain came down in buckets while the organist played on. It ended with the Rockies staff tossing all kinds of souvenirs out of the press box to the drenched crowd below. The Rockies tied it in the 9th and won it in the 10th 8-7. So they will always be the Devil Rays in my heart. It was an epic game for the ages.

Friday, June 21st, 2002 at Coors Field. Sec. 135 Row 10 Seat 5.

#257743 - 10/25/08 10:17 AM Re: Red Sox :( [Re: Trucker51]
Stretch73 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Sea Isle City, NJ
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FIGHTIN'S

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.