Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443080 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#255881 - 10/17/08 09:18 PM Re: Survivors: Inability even to just hold hands? [Re: Niels]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Niels,

You speak so eloquently about what happened and it's all reasoned out, the only problem is that when emotions are involved there is sometimes little to no reasoning. Your former g/f understood you and all you had told her for years, to the best of her ability, but she didn't live it, therefore complete understanding is impossible. I think it was Daisy that said if the incident you described was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back, then I get it, but if not, then there is more at work here.

If a partner shows "weakness," it's a tremendous leap of faith. If the other partner sees that weakness as a fatal flaw then the whole relationship has been built on a falsehood. The strong one and the weak one come out in all of us sometimes and in a long time relationship, they change hands many times over the years. I could never be the strong one ALL of the time. I think we all need someone to hold us up every now and then.

I'm sorry for both of you.

ROCK ON.........Trish

#255907 - 10/17/08 11:55 PM Re: Survivors: Inability even to just hold hands? [Re: Brokenhearted]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Brokenhearted
Ok, is this true or not: My H now cannot even seem to hold hands. We'll be driving somewhere w/ our daughter in the back seat. I'll reach out to take his hand, and he'll retreat like like a scaredy cat or something. Finally that night I asked him if he just doesn't want to hold my hand, (after being married 16 yrs) or is it "something deeper." He said "something deeper." That is all that was said.

Or is it because he could be having an affair? This is why I need you survivors' input. I need to know if it is possible he could be so unable to simply hold my hand b/c of deep csa issues or what you think.

I mean, I want to say, come on, it's just holding hands, nothing more, how can that be a big deal?

BH,

Did your H have a problematic relationship with his mother? If so he may still be attempting to work out his "mother issues" with you as the surrogate. Add to that his SA difficulties and you have potential big problems.

I don't know if I've hit the target or am waaaayyyyyy off base, but just offering it up as a possibility.

Lots of love,

John

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.