Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
4 registered (BobdaFarmer61, CafeMan, I Want 2 Thrive, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63569 Topics
444136 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
#453783 - 11/15/13 01:10 PM Re: survivors and sex offenders... [Re: sunwolf]
jas4159 Offline

tough question.

I think we need to look at the indiviual. there are so many reasons why abusers abuse. First their are just sick people who believe it is ok and for what ever twisted reasons they convience themselves with. Then there are those who are simple bad or evil people. Others were conditioned and groomed for it by their own abusers. I think it is sad that sometimes the abuse cascades from one abuser to the next. In my case my primary abuser was also my first abusers - abuser. In this case my first abuser was just a kid but several years older than me. Another example is when i was living in colorado, i lived with my girlfriend. her eight year old son was being abused by a twelve or thirteen year old friend. In the end the thirteen year old was being abused by his mothers boyfriend.

So is it right to condeme the thirteen year old or is he as much a victimas as the eight year. I think their are others who are getting revenge for their abuse a t the expense of others

Don't miss understand me I am not minimizing abuse. I am simple syaing there aere many reasons for why an an abuserss abuses. It doesn't excuss it.

rich

justanothersurvivror.wordpress.com

Edited by jas4159 (11/16/13 07:58 AM)

rich

justanothersurvivror.wordpress.com

#453789 - 11/15/13 02:00 PM Re: survivors and sex offenders... [Re: sunwolf]
don64 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Croix, USVI
I wish I could have read the rest of your comments, jas4159. I am very interested in this topic. I am not at all interested in the bible or religion, however, there does seem to be some ancient wisdom in both places. For example, the kind of energy we send out is the kind of energy that will come back to us (reaping what you seed). Turning the other cheek seems to be a part of this same ancient wisdom. For example, just because someone hates me doesn't mean I need to hate them. In the case of abuse, I don't believe my experiences can move into wisdom and understanding until I can develop love and compassion for my abusers. That does not mean I do not develop discernment, however. In my case, I divorced my family of origin 11 years ago. I do not intend to ever see them or talk to them again, as they are poisonous for me. That does not mean that I do not send them love and compassion in my thoughts. They are very, very damaged people. I really do hope they are able to feel love and are able to heal the substantial damage they suffered in their families of origin. Don
Divine Law is not judgment or denial of self truths. Divine Law is honoring harmony that comes from a peaceful mind, an open heart, a true tongue, a light step, a forgiving nature, and a love of all living creatures. Jamie Sams & David Carson, Medicine Cards

#453800 - 11/15/13 02:58 PM Re: survivors and sex offenders... [Re: sunwolf]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Taking my toys, and heading home.

Edited by Castle (12/18/13 07:34 PM)

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.