Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63436 Topics
443444 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2551 - 08/04/03 06:52 AM Re: i've told her - everything
zadok1 Offline

Loc: Ohio
congrats on coming out. it will help you in the long run, believe it or not. i have learned the hard way that you'll never really connect as long as walls stand between the two of you. in fact tearing down the walls is a big part of recovery. it destroys the world of secrecy and lies that isolate you from the world around you, and finally allows you to step into life again.

obviously, i answered the pm before i read the board, but i believe there is still some things that might help in it.

you should call, and say what's in your heart. dont worry about what she thinks or feels, she'll tell you those things when she's good and ready. as i said, assigning feelings to others really closes down communication. it is a hard habbit to break, but it really helps to stop feeling for everyone, and just feel what YOU feel for yourself. let her own her feelings, and you own yours. it'll help, i promise.

goodluck

#2552 - 08/04/03 10:43 AM Re: i've told her - everything
Freedom Offline

Loc: US
MM,

Good for you. Now, just give it some time.

Ernie has it right, I think:

But remember you asked her not to call you so you may want to call her and ask her how she is doing. Then take it from there.

Peace,
Freedom.

#2553 - 08/04/03 07:36 PM Re: i've told her - everything
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
MM,

Good for you for being honest and open. For sharing the feelings and the hurts.

You have asked her not to call, she is more likely than not, honoring the space you requested. You will need to call her, and do it. Send or hand her some flowers too, maybe with a little card that says 'thanks for listening'.

You have shared your feelings on your timeline, a bit faster than you originally intended, but when you felt it was right for you to let them out. Honor that with hers, she will share hers when she is ready.

Take care my brother,

Bill

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.