Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Asmodeus (31), comeath3 (75), Roy (53), Skeeter (55), tazrad (43), Treehugger75 (39), waterworld (53)
Who's Online
3 registered (lapchinj, kcinohio, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63991 Topics
446663 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#255217 - 10/14/08 08:29 PM Standing up for myself
Tinman Offline

Loc: Lake Forest, CA
I found out today that the dental insurance that I had been sold several months ago paid less benefits than the policy (through the same company) my employer has, that I pay nothing for, and that I have been, in effect, overcharged out of pocket by over $150. And it would have been another $500.00 when I have a root canal done on Thursday.

At first the insurance company refused to transfer the claims to the company policy (which I have had, unused, for five years) which reduces by more than half my out of pocket expenses. But I threatened them with our state Insurance Commissioner and they buckled.

I then demanded the refund of all premiums paid since I couldn't use both insurances, they were effectively collecting payments for a policy that would never be used. They refused again. I threatened to sue them. They finally agreed to not only refund the premiums, but also the out of pocket expenses I should have never had to pay.

Net credits/checks/future discounts out of standing up for myself: Over $1200.00 and counting.

This is a result of my gaining confidence in myself through recovery. Four years ago this money would have been lost because I couldn't stand up for myself.

I think I will treat myself to a nice restaurant this weekend!

Paul

To the perps: Don't worry about me coming after you. But you damn well better watch out for God! "Vengeance is mine", saith the Lord

#255276 - 10/14/08 10:49 PM Re: Standing up for myself [Re: Tinman]
NatureDrum Offline
New Here

Paul,
That is fantastic! Good job! Let us know what you get. (I'm a foodie).

Nat (ureDrum)

My Story

#255320 - 10/15/08 02:05 AM Re: Standing up for myself [Re: Tinman]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Paul,

Thanks so much for sharing this. You are living proof that the hardships of recovery/reconstruction from CSA are every bit worth the effort and the investment required. We can and do progress, we can and do heal, we can and do concretely move our lives into place that we can be proud of.

You have all of my admiration.

#255323 - 10/15/08 02:32 AM Re: Standing up for myself [Re: joelRT]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Paul,

It's great to see things like this. Sometimes what seems to be a small personal triumph is actually a part of something much bigger! Glad you're on this road of recovery and able to share things like this.

You are worth standing up for!

~Brian

P.S. On a somewhat related note -- I once worked in a technical support call center, then later I worked as a sales rep [inbound] at a different call center. I went from a guy who bumbled on the phone to someone who can basically master any conversation by phone. I ordered a $900 chair some time ago through Sears Canada. It was delivered to an incorrect address then bounced around the country on its way to my correct address. By the time it reached my house it had some damage on it. I demanded Sears send me a new chair. They did. Also damaged. By the time the case was settled, Sears had bought me a $1400 washer/dryer set as well as sent me over $600 in gift certificates as restitution for 4 months of phone jockeying.

This was before recovery -- think of what I could do now! Keep shining Paul!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.