Newest Members
J44, Anura, reynel5, smc1972, Moi
12418 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
camdon (30), camdon greenwood (30), Denise (72), getteddie (66), morgoth (24), Ric (66)
Who's Online
5 registered (tbkkfile, don64, BraveFalcon, 2 invisible), 31 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12418 Members
74 Forums
63764 Topics
445310 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#256632 - 10/21/08 02:47 AM Re: Upgrades!!! [Re: mike5]
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Thanks Mike for this notice I will look into the site login option, it was working fine the other day ago, back to the server logs I go......

#256711 - 10/21/08 03:15 PM Re: Upgrades!!! [Re: Nathan LaChine]
mike5 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Hi Nathan -

Noticed another new "feature"... My default is to view a thread in threaded mode, rather than flat mode. When I looked at http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=237063&an= just now, I see the hierarchical list of postings, but no message body. If I switch to flat mode, the message body(s) appear. If I switch back to threaded mode, they disappear again. In case it might help you diagnose this, I've saved a copy of the page with and without the message bodies.

Don't you love upgrades? Hope you are not stressing about all of this. I for one am very grateful for all you do to keep this site running.

Peace, Mike

#257136 - 10/23/08 07:51 AM Re: Upgrades!!! [Re: mike5]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Why is it, where it list the moderaters for each forum in the forum list, it list 'Modteam' and 'roadrunner' each time multiple times? And why is there a 'Testmod' person listed as moderater for the Survivor stories forum?

#258422 - 10/27/08 09:28 PM Re: Upgrades!!! [Re: ak]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Andrei,

Those are bugs in the system that Nathan has had to work out as webmaster; at one point I was listed four times in several forums but was unable to do basic things.

"Testmod", as I recall, was an account created by our liaison person from the software company to see how things were working as he installed the updates.

Installing an updated version of the site usually leaves Nathan with lots of work in little details scattered all over, and it takes some time to catch all those points and correct them. And when he corrects something, sometimes a feature somewhere else freezes or malfunctions. It's just something we have to be patient with while he works through everything that needs to be done.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#258430 - 10/27/08 10:20 PM Re: Upgrades!!! [Re: roadrunner]
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Andrei,

Yes the testmod is an account that I created to do beta testing for the site. It seems that even simple upgrades are not simple these days. I am glad my list has finally gone down to just a one page from three.

Nathan

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.