Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
4 registered (thedudeabides, Jay1946, 2 invisible), 37 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63167 Topics
441715 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#255133 - 10/14/08 04:04 PM Upgrades!!!
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
fine upgrades are good i guess but

I noticed the spiders, ok, and noticed what they are doing, looking at peoples profiles, so i found that now if you are not even logged in you can not only view somebodies profile which you couldn't do before if you werent logged in but can see their avatar pictures, i would have liked to have been informed of that, the fact that any old person wandering about can see my picture now, havent quite decide if i will keep it up but i might, but you should have told us about that

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#255134 - 10/14/08 04:07 PM Re: Upgrades!!! [Re: king tut]
MrEdd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
I will agree.

#255135 - 10/14/08 04:09 PM Re: Upgrades!!! [Re: MrEdd]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

thanks

and to clarify, you can also look at who is online and see what they are doing if you are not logged in, which i don't think you could do before, and although when you view their profile to see all their details you cant see their picture there, but when you go to the boards where they have posted you can see their picture

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#255136 - 10/14/08 04:11 PM Re: Upgrades!!! [Re: king tut]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
KT

If I am not signed in or not a registered user & go to your profile page I cannot see your avatar
That is the same as before
Or am I missing something?

C

#255137 - 10/14/08 04:13 PM Re: Upgrades!!! [Re: ineffable]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

no you are right, but when you are not signed in and you go to something i have posted you can see my avatar picture

#255138 - 10/14/08 04:14 PM Re: Upgrades!!! [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

and before you couldn't even go to my profile page when you were not signed in

#255139 - 10/14/08 04:14 PM Re: Upgrades!!! [Re: king tut]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

I see that now
I think that needs to be addressed soon & hopefully it is a simple security feature that needs to be enabled

#255201 - 10/14/08 07:45 PM Re: Upgrades!!! [Re: ineffable]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
We're finding some bumps that affect the Mod Team too and we're getting the info to the IT guys as quick as we can. As you see things that either don't work or make you feel unsafe, like what Lewis found, let us know and we'll pass it along just as fast.

#255210 - 10/14/08 08:05 PM Re: Upgrades!!! [Re: Trish4850]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

from Chat:

selecting a users name all features work except "Profile"
in other words we can Private Message, Invite & Ignore but the Profile option takes me back to the main Forum page

#255212 - 10/14/08 08:08 PM Re: Upgrades!!! [Re: king tut]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Lewis,

Originally Posted By: king tut
i found that now if you are not even logged in you can not only view somebodies profile which you couldn't do before if you werent logged in but can see their avatar pictures, i would have liked to have been informed of that, the fact that any old person wandering about can see my picture now, havent quite decide if i will keep it up but i might, but you should have told us about that

As Trish says we will pass these concerns on to Nathan as fast as we can. When we do one of these upgrades it's rarely clear in advance how we will all be affected by each of the new features. We just have to work through the issues one by one. Please keep letting us know your concerns.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.