Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
2 registered (unhappycamper, Obi), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63215 Topics
442039 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#289909 - 06/02/09 02:57 AM Re: Over eating sugar numbing [Re: Trucker51]
Charlie24 Offline

I'm a bit of an emotional eater. For me thought I tend not to eat and am always feeling, run down, exhausted, tired, just blah. I live alone and get tired of constantly trying to feed myself, over and over and over again. More often than not I just am too lazy or don't feel like cooking because of the clean up involved. Now I enjoy cooking but it be great to have someone else doing the dirty work. I get tired and exhausted going at it alone. And while I have you guys as a network, sometimes I want the physical presence of others in my life as well. I think too at times I may use junk food to fill a void in my life, hate that I do that. It just is something I struggle with. I notice when I have what my body considers a binge I feel better, calmer, just overall improved, well being, must be getting adequate nutrients on those days.

Charlie.

P.S. Great topic btw.

Charlie

#365436 - 07/04/11 02:12 PM Re: Over eating sugar numbing [Re: Charlie24]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Our emotions do drive us to eat. Stress causes the release of adrenalin (otherwise known as epinephrine) which in turn causes us to release our stored sugar supplies into the blood stream. It also makes us want to eat, especially sweet things. This raises the blood sugar content. Then the pancreas answers by secreting more insulin. This makes many of us temporarily feel better because were on a "sugar high".

However, the blood sugar level can drop steeply a little later and then we will crave more sweets. And our "system" has become accustomed to a higher intake of sugar, or we have become "addicted". Also we will have put on weight in the form of fat as our body attempts to store reserves for the next onslaught.

Yesterday I played music with an orchestra. I really love doing this.

http://www.etsomusic.org/about/

One of the sponsors of the concert was Little Debbie Snack Cakes. (Thank you Little Debbie).

http://www.littledebbie.com/products/cakes_brownies.asp

Afterward I consumed a couple of products. I didn't gain weight on it because of the exertion in the heat.

Allen

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.