Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
4 registered (dan_in_newengland, GummyBear, Scott1962, skyguy), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64171 Topics
447795 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#253882 - 10/09/08 12:38 PM Re: WHAT THE HELL? [Re: M3]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, everyone on this page.
I have said this before and anyone who has been in the military weather or not for one tour or for 20+, we have always been expendable. Probably the biggest obsticle to a Men sexual abuse program is that, we wern't as "macho" soldiers, sailors, airman or Marines supposed to show any reaction to emotions, no sulking, no crying nothing, just suck it up and move on. For us military members, could you just picture crying or weeping to your TI, DI when he got into your face, about either your mother? sister? about what he would like to do to them? Of course it just was to toughen us up. At least that's the way it was back in the 50's. We were not to show any emotions period. Just to react without hesitation to orders, no if's, no and's nor buts. Fortunately I am getting help for CSA by the military here in Germany as a retiree, but I will defer myself if need be to those PTSD combat guys from Afganistan & Iraq. I probably some what of a relief to my therapist that I do get his mind shifted from combat related to a very long ago buried CSA one. As far as finding representatives in Washington, very few have ever been in the military, sadly. Maybe, just maybe there is some sort of a support group simmilar to AA except for CSA/adult rape male victim, in your area. Perhaps you should try and contact the social services office in your area, and maybe a religious group? I hope that this might be of a help. Heal well my friends, maybe some day we will get the serenity that we so richly deserve.
Pete (irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#253955 - 10/09/08 03:58 PM Re: WHAT THE HELL? [Re: petercorbett]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
Pete,

I take true exception to your post here.

We are not discussing CSA. We are discussing crimes perpetrated upon us by our fellow soldiers/sailors/airmen/marines. In some cases these were our superior NCO's/officers. I would not see any need, if I was in the military mental health system, to defer to a combat PTSD case. While I acknowledge their sacrifice, the military (as an institution), might do well to acknowledge MINE!

The problem I see in your post is the same one that led to my discharge. The inability of the military to address the fact that this crime does occur in the ranks. When it does occur in the ranks, it is swept under the rug and the VICTIM is shown the hatch as quickly as possible!

I submit that the problem is not mine for not being "macho", rather the problem is the military's for inculcating a climate wherein this abuse is allowed to fester. Where senior enlisted and officers turn a blind eye to the very real problems that exist in this area. Reexamine the posts in this light, please.

I encourage anyone that may wish to post in opposition to me to please do so. If anyone wishes to support my stand, I welcome your support.

Brian

Edited by LN3(SS) (10/09/08 05:41 PM)
"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#253958 - 10/09/08 04:08 PM Re: WHAT THE HELL? [Re: LN3(SS)]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

"Honor Betrayed" by Mic Hunter just arrived in the mail today.

I'm reading it now.

Mike

#254161 - 10/10/08 01:27 PM Re: WHAT THE HELL? [Re: LN3(SS)]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, LN3(SS).
I respect your opinion. I respect your pain, and I respect you.
I hope that you find the help that you deserve. Heal well my friend.
Pete (Irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#255446 - 10/15/08 04:29 PM Re: WHAT THE HELL? [Re: petercorbett]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
What am I suposed to do when . I have spent over 7 years trying to get the help, From the VA for MST and have not recieved effective treatment. But when I look out side of the VA
I am condimed fo looking for help. They offer help to female rape victoms bot not to males. I Know that I am not the only service male member to have ben raped while serving in the military. This is rediculas

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#296044 - 07/20/09 04:18 AM Re: WHAT THE HELL? [Re: OKIE MIKE]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
This is strange I google "Male Military Sexual Trama"
because I am haveing a realy hard time dealing with my own stress. Because of MST and it sends me to my own posting on Male survivors . I need help to deal with this I am not able to do it any more

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#296164 - 07/20/09 10:15 PM Re: WHAT THE HELL? [Re: OKIE MIKE]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
Mike,

When you are ready, consider the residential treatment program at Bay Pines. Unfortunately your therapist has to refer you, so you need to get her onboard. PM me if you need any info about getting forms, etc.I also hear that they have opened another in Cincinatti. These are about what the VA has to offer in terms of quality care for men.

I am trying to bolster knowledge of this site among the therapists down here. Not working for some reason.

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.