Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
3 registered (A74, Obi, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63169 Topics
441726 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#264992 - 12/03/08 04:08 AM Re: YER RIGHT [Re: pietie]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Pietie, as much as I like that, I don't. i don't know why that is. I'm not taking sides here. I'm not even religious ( BTW, if anyone here is a scientologist, then I do have a problem with your so called religion,,,,Do NOT attempt to recruit me, I would become a Mormon, THEN Jehovah's Whitness, in that order, before ever submiting to your BS cause). Sorry just the way I feel.

BTW, this my first post in this section.

Maybe I ought'a stick to other forums, sorry bout this

Logan

-Blade Runner

#265042 - 12/03/08 01:31 PM Re: YER RIGHT [Re: Logan]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
Being a universalist, I made it my business to talk to as many people of different faiths as possible. While I met some wonderful people of every denomination, I did run into more bad, self-obsessed, bigoted and arrogant Christians than in any other group (which isn't to say there were none, just very much fewer).

After having a think, I finally concluded that sinse England is stil (as I believe the Us is), at least in theory a predominantly Christian country, it's easy for people to say they are christian, ----- and get wrapped up in all the hype of burocracy without any real commitment or deep thought, where as in the majority of cases with other faiths, people have to be commited enough to actually go and "live" it, not merely get wrapped up in institutional politics, wear the appropriate badge, spout the correct words and tick the appropriate box on the form.

As I said though, I did deffinately meet some incredibly compassionate, reasonable and very committed Christians as well, ---- and I really hope you do.

Luke.

#265072 - 12/03/08 05:49 PM Re: YER RIGHT [Re: dark empathy]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Luke,

As christians we still have our problems.
Only one of us is perfect and he died for all of us.
You and Logan included.
There are frauds in every group of people.
Some peoples behavior shames the very one the say they love.
Some people really only love themselves and use the word of God to profit themselves.

But we do not fly planes into buildings or kill innocent people in the name of our God.
For we are taught to turn the other cheek and to forgive those who harm us. To love your enemy.

God is love.

If other christians have not shown you love. Then I apologize to you for their behavior.
As christians we are forgiven not perfect.
We are a work that is still in progress, he is not done with us yet. .

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#265084 - 12/03/08 07:46 PM Re: YER RIGHT [Re: michael banks]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
Mike,

I'm really sorry if what I said came across wrong. All I meant to point out is that in a country with a christian history, I think it's more likely to run into not particularly great christians than people of other faiths, not that all, ---- or even the majority of christians are like that.

Thinking such a thing would be just like saying all muslims wwish to fly planes into buildings, ----- which of course is distinctly not! true either.

I was actually bought up a christian, and I think most of the formal worshiping I've done has been christian (I have family members like my brother who stil considder themselves christians).

Sorry again if what I said sounded more harsh than I meant it to.

Luke.

#265274 - 12/04/08 07:38 PM Re: YER RIGHT [Re: dark empathy]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Luke,

No reason to apologize, when yer right yer right.
There are alot of people who profess faith in Christ.
Who would not know him even if they ran right into him.

God gave us all free will to believe as we wish.
What right do I or anyone else have in denying you this choice.
I believe when you are ready He will reveal His truth to you.
He wants you to love Him by your own free will and not because you feel required to for whatever reason.
But that is just my beliefs and you are entitled to your own.

Wish you the Best

Mike

Edited by michael banks (12/04/08 07:59 PM)
Edit Reason: can't spell

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.