Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
3 registered (Scott1962, Drummer, Jay1159), 31 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63798 Topics
445510 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#199643 - 01/15/08 10:03 PM Something I want to share about "Boundaries"
Amanda_D Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Great Lakes State Michigan is ...
I got this very helpful book titled: Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend

In life we all deal with healthy and unhealthy boundaries. "Victims of CSA can have a poor sense of boundaries. Early in life they were taught that their property did not really begin at their skin. Others could invade their property and do whatever they wanted. As a result, they have difficulty establishing boundaries later in life." pg34

I wanted to share a paragraph taken out of the book..that I really liked.

Truth pg35

Knowing the truth about God and his property puts limits on you and shows you his boundaries. Realizing the truth of his unchangeable reality helps you to define yourself in relation to him. When he says that you will reap what you sow (Gal. 6:7), for example, you either define yourself in relation to that reality, or continue to get injured if you try to go agaist it. To be in touch with God's truth is to be in touch with reality, and to live in accord with that reality makes for a better life. (ps. 119:2, 45)

Satin is the great disorter of reality. Recall in the garden when he tempted Eve to question God's boundaries and his truth. The consquences were disastrous.

There is always safety in the truth, whether it be knowing God's truth or knowing the truth about yourself. Many people live scattered and tumultous lives trying to live outside of their own boundaries, not accepting and expressing the truth of who they are. Honesty about who you are gives you the biblical value of integrity, or oneness.

This book has been very helpful......I am hoping to share more as I read along...but I thought I would mention how great it is...and how much I recommend it.

Edited by Amanda_D (01/15/08 10:03 PM)
"Just Breath" Your here and that makes all the difference!.....(wife of a surviver, trying to survive as well!) Here to get some answers and support...Here to do what I can to be a hearing ear.....Thankyou to all of you, ahead of time!

#199685 - 01/16/08 01:55 AM Re: Something I want to share about "Boundaries" [Re: Amanda_D]
weapher Offline

Loc: Oregon
excellent book... another by townsend to try when finished is "Safe People"

weapher

#199921 - 01/17/08 11:48 AM Re: Something I want to share about "Boundaries" [Re: weapher]
Coach Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Ibid...

Dr. Cloud is the real deal. I met him over 17 years ago and was quite impressed.

Coach

#202913 - 01/31/08 08:18 PM Re: Something I want to share about "Boundaries" [Re: Coach]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
hmm another one for my collection. Thanks

Roger

#252601 - 10/02/08 02:49 PM Re: Something I want to share about "Boundaries" [Re: Freedom49]
Amanda_D Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Great Lakes State Michigan is ...
Very good book! Has helped so much this past year!

"Just Breath" Your here and that makes all the difference!.....(wife of a surviver, trying to survive as well!) Here to get some answers and support...Here to do what I can to be a hearing ear.....Thankyou to all of you, ahead of time!

#252607 - 10/02/08 03:30 PM Re: Something I want to share about "Boundaries" [Re: Amanda_D]
sunwolf Offline

Loc: Indiana
I will get it sound good!!!!

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.