Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, Austintexan, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63122 Topics
441411 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#252572 - 10/02/08 11:47 AM Personality Change
jnj Offline

Loc: UK
Im not known for my happy jolly personality. Infact most the time just the reverse. I do have a good sense of humour but it just tends to be on the very dry side and quite self depretiating.
However since I have started my recovery I have become somewhat happier and my moods seem to be a little less frequent.

The problem is my wife said she kinda liked my dark moody side and hopes it wont vanish completly.

So is the happiness I am experiancing at the moment just a short term thing and will I revert a little bit back to my dry dark side. I just dont know.

Anyone else had this issue ?

#252580 - 10/02/08 12:37 PM Re: Personality Change [Re: jnj]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
You will find yourself vacillating between the two places for quite some time to come. Over time, howerver, as you heal, slowly and gradually you will begin to integrate and unify with the person you likely would have become if it hadn't been for your CSA.

Tell your wife to just relax. your going through phases that will pass - you are not becoming someone else.

And yes, many of us share in having a dark sense of humour. This too will modify over time.

Your fellow journeyman,
Joel

#252732 - 10/03/08 12:24 PM Re: Personality Change [Re: joelRT]
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Recovery does change things, but they will make you more able to connect with your wife and the other important relationships in your life. Althought the road is bumpy the destination is worth the effort to get there. Just stay in communication with your wife, which it sounds like you are since she was able to share this with you and it will be all good.

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

#252876 - 10/04/08 02:19 AM Re: Personality Change [Re: jnj]
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home

It is NOT a personality change, rather personality discovery; as you are beginning to drop your survivor cape, your true personality is shining through now. Let it!

Rather, embrace it and everyone else will begin to respect it as well!

\:\)

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#252878 - 10/04/08 03:06 AM . [Re: Morning Star]
justmejoey Offline
MaleSurvivor

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.