Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446696 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#252568 - 10/02/08 10:57 AM Let's Play Police State
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/node/8234

Let's play "airport security"!!

Check out this offering from Operationcheckpoint.com, a Web site devoted to "airport security education for children":

Scan It®is an educational and creative play toy that helps children become acclimated with airport and public spaces security. The device is both a fun toy and an educational tool. It detects metal objects and simulates an X-ray scan via a functioning conveyor belt that glides articles over its metal detector path. When metallic items are present the unit beeps and lights up.

(Hat tip: Boing Boing)

But wait, there's more. Playmobil has a security checkpoint on Amazon.com:

Here are a few customer reviews:

"I think this was good. I use it with my Playmobil getaway car al the time. I hope that they make a Playmobil Enemy Combatant Detention Center soon. That would be great!"

"One little oddity to point out is that the xray monitor displaying the bag contents shows what appears to be a fire extinguisher, a duck and several brown poo-shaped objects."

"I was a little disappointed when I first bought this item, because the functionality is limited. My 5 year old son pointed out that the passenger's shoes cannot be removed. Then, we placed a deadly fingernail file underneath the passenger's scarf, and neither the detector doorway nor the security wand picked it up."

#252575 - 10/02/08 12:10 PM Re: Let's Play Police State [Re: Hauser]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
Hauser...this IS a joke right?

Still Not Recognized

#252577 - 10/02/08 12:16 PM Re: Let's Play Police State [Re: Still]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Nope..............

http://www.amazon.com/Playmobil-3172-Security-Check-Point/dp/B0002CYTL2

Some more reviews at Amazon.com:

"I here Playmobil is coming out with a waterboarding torture set. I think I'll wait for that and buy them together to save on shipping."

"So, thank you Playmobil. I hope they will expand their product offering and give us more toys that can help our children prepare for the new reality of a much safer America; specifically, I am eagerly waiting for the Staline-style Guantanamo American gulag set, the North-Korean-style CIA water-boarding set, the KGB-style NSA phone-tapping set. Some people will whine about the loss of their civil liberties, but my son knows that the North-Korean are some of the safest people in the world. They had virtually no fear of terrorists."

"At first it looked as though my Playmobil terrorist cell was going have trouble getting through this security system - no naked flames, sharp objects, guns or bombs. Then I bought the Tobacco Lobbyist upgrade pack which allowed cigarette lighters to be carried through so they simply torched the plane instead. Hours of fun for all the family."

#254141 - 10/10/08 10:55 AM Re: Let's Play Police State [Re: Hauser]
sunwolf Offline

Loc: Indiana
what's next...a playmoblie concentration camp???????????

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.