Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blakanezebruh (43), OneWithStrength (37), Parker (45), scottyg (42)
Who's Online
7 registered (Garf, JW1230, dew, 4 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63989 Topics
446627 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#252162 - 09/30/08 03:52 PM Inpatient treatment programs?
DanielinATL Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
Greetings,

My name is Daniel and I've just learned of this community and am very grateful to all of you for your bravery in sharing your stories, struggles and triumphs.

I'm writing to ask for your insights and experiences with any inpatient programs that treat men with trauma and dissociative issues. I've contacted McLean in Boston and apparently they only work with women now (as do most other programs). I'm also considering "The Center" at the Psychiatric Institute of Washington and Sheppard Pratt in Baltimore, however so far none of them seem to address issues specifically related to men unless you're dealing with chemical dependency issues; which I'm grateful to say that I'm not.

If you're familiar (positive or negative) with any of the above or are aware of any other inpatient/hospital programs, I would definitely appreciate the advice (with the understanding how subjective each of our experiences are).

I'm located in Atlanta, Georgia but I'm willing to travel to get the help I desperately need. Thank you!

#252165 - 09/30/08 04:15 PM Re: Inpatient treatment programs? [Re: DanielinATL]
Me2 Offline
New Here

Loc: USA
Daniel,

I'm glad you found the group. If anybody knows of a program, I'm sure you'll get some information about it.

You might also send a PM to the ModTeam for this forum. Sometimes the moderators don't get a chance to check/read all the posts.

Good luck and Godspeed in your recovery.

Me2

#252168 - 09/30/08 04:37 PM Re: Inpatient treatment programs? [Re: DanielinATL]
mike5 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Hi Daniel - Sierra Tucson has a program for sexual and trauma recovery.

Mike

#252181 - 09/30/08 06:43 PM Re: Inpatient treatment programs? [Re: mike5]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
Hi Daniel!

Welcome to MaleSurvivor! Looks like you're already getting answers to you question. I think you'll find that the guys here are really helpful and very supportive. It's been a life saver for me!

Read the posts, tell your story, participate in chats and maybe sign up for one of the online healing circles. MS is a really incredible resource with amazingly strong, caring men who have similar histories.

Peace and love Daniel... hope to see you around here...

Michael

#252186 - 09/30/08 07:36 PM Re: Inpatient treatment programs? [Re: M3]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Welcome Daniel,

hope you find the help that you need, i looked around on the home page and i can see info for weekend of recovery and finding a therapist but not for inpatient programs, i see Mike has already given you one idea, and like Me2 said if you message a mod and ask them to present the question in the mod forum then some of them might have some good suggestions too (and i like your avatar picture by the way!)

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#252328 - 10/01/08 10:38 AM Re: Inpatient treatment programs? [Re: king tut]
DanielinATL Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
Thanks my brothers for your responses and kind welcome. I've sent a PM as suggested to MOD TEAM and welcome any continued feedback about inpatient programs.

Peace and Light to each of you,

Daniel

#252362 - 10/01/08 12:58 PM Re: Inpatient treatment programs? [Re: DanielinATL]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
I won't vouch for the program, but Casa Palmera has a inpatient program apparently judging from their website.

If you are a veteran, ask for help at your local VA Mental Health Clinic. They might charge a fee depending on your service connection rating, but it will probably be cheaper than getting it on the outside.

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.