Newest Members
FredM88, Vermona, Jas52, oliviaavaxj, biboy24
12109 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
5 registered (BraveFalcon, I Want 2 Thrive, Cam76, sentry, 1 invisible), 53 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12109 Members
73 Forums
62492 Topics
437997 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#251696 - 09/28/08 09:39 PM Re: Body Failure - Trigger Warning [Re: LandOfShadow]
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
update...

Tomorrow morning is the procedure - am doing the cleanout right now (NOT fun)(it is not flavored)

still very much NOT wanting to go through this - but know I need to know what is wrong with my body

the procedeure will be done in waking sedation - supposedly I won't remember a thing after it's done

my wife will be there

just please keep me in your thoughts guys - this is a procedure that the younger part of me so much does NOT want to go through - it's just too much of a reminder of some of the things uncle did with his medical kit

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#251709 - 09/28/08 10:29 PM Re: Body Failure - Trigger Warning [Re: TJ jeff]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hi Jeff,

Will be thinking of you, particularly in the morning as you go through this. You're doing the right thing, taking care of yourself and doing what you need to do. Let us know how it goes, and remember that we're all thinking about you.

#251727 - 09/28/08 11:52 PM Re: Body Failure - Trigger Warning [Re: EGL]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
((((((JEFF)))))))

#251736 - 09/29/08 01:34 AM Re: Body Failure - Trigger Warning [Re: M3]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
Jeff,

I feel your pain. My flexible sigmoidoscopy is Tuesday at 0900. I start light purging tonight at 1800.

I hope you're safe. You are in my thoughts.

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#251958 - 09/29/08 09:07 PM Re: Body Failure - Trigger Warning [Re: LN3(SS)]
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanx guys

it's done... - it really was'nt bad at all (I did cry a bit as they where hooking all of the pre-surgery stuff up to me - but the nurses seemed totaly ok with it) - I don't even remember anything after they shot 2 shots of "something" into my IV - next thing I knew I was in the recovery chair - blew a few good honkers (farts) for the attending nurse and then I got out of there (wife driving of course)...

I am amazed that my rear feels totaly normal - I guess I was just expecting to feel violated "back there" - I'm very glad to report that I feel no pain from the procedure

all they found was internal hemeroids that have been causeing the bleeding - so nothing was done surgery-wise to fix anything

Brian - I'll keep you in my thoughts tomorrow - hope it goes as well for you as it did for me

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#251960 - 09/29/08 09:11 PM Re: Body Failure - Trigger Warning [Re: TJ jeff]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Glad to hear it went well for you emotionally and physically, Jeff, and that it wasn't as serious as feared. And Brian, will be thinking about you tomorrow as well, please let us know how you're doing afterwards.

#252050 - 09/30/08 08:28 AM Re: Body Failure - Trigger Warning [Re: EGL]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jeff,

I'm so glad you got through this so well, and I'm glad you didn't have to do it alone. It's good you put your health first; now you know you're okay, and that's what's important.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#252082 - 09/30/08 12:22 PM Re: Body Failure - Trigger Warning [Re: roadrunner]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

THREAD HIJACK

Sorry Jeff

Guys,

I DO NOT recommend the flexible sigmoidoscopy without sedation as a way to evaluate any sort of problems GI wise. While the purging is a little easier than what Jeff reported with the Go-Lytely, Magnesium Citrate 300mL worth at 1800 the night before kinda tastes like Sprite, the 2 enemas were very triggering for me. Plus, the camera without sedation was virutally unbearable trigger-wise.

Healthwise, I have to go back for a FULL colonoscopy as there are significant problems.

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#252263 - 10/01/08 01:09 AM Re: Body Failure - Trigger Warning [Re: LN3(SS)]
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

no prob Brian

sorry it was rough on you - next time insist on the sedation

TJ's History

#253425 - 10/07/08 04:44 PM Re: Body Failure - Trigger Warning [Re: TJ jeff]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

I just got the jug of GoLytely and magnesium citrate and the enema for the next go round in a package from the VA for the full colonoscopy on the 31st. The damn test is 3 and a half weeks away and I am already shaking just seeing the prep materials!

I don't want to see that camera again goin near me. I want to tell them to go to hell. I know they told me that the anesthesiologist will have no problem administering extra Versed if need be. But damnit, I'm scared. That feeling when that camera went there when I was unsedated felt too much like the original trauma to be repeated.

Brian

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.