Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
6 registered (Doubter, finallyhere, OCN, 3 invisible), 11 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63571 Topics
444154 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#251867 - 09/29/08 03:57 PM People are just amazingq
kutcher Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Delaware
I may fumble with this but I felt compelled to say this. Over the last six months that I have started to remember my csa and have begun recovery I have been on an emotional rollercoaster but now I feel caught up in a current that drives me to seek healing, truth and happiness.

So now the river that has swept me along comples me to talk of my amazement with this board.

I told my wife a few weeks ago this is the only place I have ever been able to express and feel my love for another and other men without feeling ridiculed humiliated or odd. It is funny that besides my wife and son, many of the people here, some of whom I have shared a few messages and posts with have become more important to me than my original family of parents, uncles etc...

I have spent years without faith and in fact a T once told me I was without faith and I wore and said it with pride, now I have refound my faith, my faith in my fellow man, my faith in beuty, my faith in the world from the simple kindness and wisdom I have seen here time and time again.

My feelings of love and hope from this special place are ready to burst from my chest and words to describe it all fail me.

I cant begin to express the magic this place has given me and the happiness and peace comes over me when I see a message, a response or when I find the opportunity to express my support to one of my fellow brothers.

Thanks again.

My honor, respect and love are all I have to offer and they fall short but I offer them anyway.

Dave

#251868 - 09/29/08 04:01 PM Re: People are just amazingq [Re: kutcher]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
again, welcome, and love dave.

((((((dave))))))

#251870 - 09/29/08 04:14 PM Re: People are just amazingq [Re: kutcher]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Couldn't have said it better myself Dave. The people here are truly amazing. Why , in just a few weeks of being here, and feeling the caring, the support, the love, the acceptance and understanding I managed, just last night to beat down 30+ years of guilt and shame and told my wife of my abuse. I was scared to death. She dealt with the news very caringly, and I too feel truly blessed to have her and all the people here, in my life. Its MY life I am regaining control of. The secret is no longer secret. I couldn't have done it without you guys setting me such excellent examples.

#251887 - 09/29/08 05:29 PM Re: People are just amazingq [Re: Geeders]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
Couldn't have said it better myself (((Dave))). Thanks for articulating what I've been unable to say.

Michael

#251895 - 09/29/08 06:20 PM Re: People are just amazingq [Re: kutcher]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Dave,

Your dignity and your generosity of spirit humble me, I feel blessed to witness your joy.

Your fellow journeyman
Joel

#251897 - 09/29/08 06:43 PM Re: People are just amazingq [Re: joelRT]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Dave,
What you said in such powerful and true words, is so "right on". I have just celebrated one year of full disclosure of my CSA. In just one year, what seems now an eternity, I have learned to forgive, to love, to understand, to heal, to tell and to what I feel, come full circle with all my prior hurts and secrets. Just one year ago it brought tears to my eyes to even say the words, sexual abused. I have told my story over and over. I have and continue to heal and get through each day without "tripping out".

Yes, Male Survivor, was one of many places and persons who have helped me so much. The people and facilitators here have been nothing but help and support.

I along with so many other survivors am blessed to have this great site to come to for healing and for support.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#252257 - 10/01/08 12:38 AM Re: People are just amazingq [Re: KENKEN]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is a really cool thread. I know the support and encouragement I received here in response to some of my questions and inquiries has been great. To know you are not alone in these experiences, and that you are understood is pretty powerful.

#252322 - 10/01/08 09:43 AM Re: People are just amazingq [Re: ericc]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Kutcher, I feel the same as you do. I am understood, I am receiving compassion and above all LOVE. Heal well all.
Pete (irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.