Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
5 registered (Dave PNW, jahfree, 3 invisible), 17 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64163 Topics
447753 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#251762 - 09/29/08 08:12 AM moving on
thewhisper Offline

i was molastered an my teens and i have only just came into recovery after i seperated from my wife and a older friend who wouldn't stop touching me as i am starting to get out of doing suicide attempts and self haming but it has been hard to cope at times but i am trying to move on.

#251764 - 09/29/08 08:23 AM Re: moving on [Re: thewhisper]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
hi thewhisper!

welcome to the male survivor hospital! we have room for you to hang out in while you recover.

congratulations on making your first post here. you have a difficult road ahead of you, but now you can start to leave the past behind as you take the beginning steps toward your healing.

you have come here at such an exciting time! there are so many good resources available to help you along the way; not the least of them being many fellows who have experienced your plight, and have already made great strides in their own advancement toward happier healthier living in the present.

stick around and be prepared to get better and better with each passing moment. watch yourself sprout wings as you move on, up and away toward a future of freedom from the past.

your brother in recovery,

ron

#251766 - 09/29/08 08:32 AM Re: moving on [Re: thewhisper]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Hey thewhisper,

Welcome to MS, you are now amongst friends. Friends who understand you for having walked a very similar path to your own, friends who can help guide you and keep you steady as journey on in your recovery process.

Take the time you need to become familiar with the site, read some of the survivor stories and very quickly, I'm sure, you will feel right at home.

Your fellow journeyman,
Joel

#251789 - 09/29/08 10:01 AM Re: moving on [Re: joelRT]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
Welcome to MS thewhisper!

Joel and Ron have pretty much said it all. You've found friends who have similar histories and similar experiences. Don't worry that what you are feeling is unique because what I've found is the feelings and issues faced by a survivor is a shared experience with many other survivors. Read, post and chat to learn more about our experiences and get advice and support for your issues.

Recovery can be a long and bumpy road, but having so many friends here to share it with makes it so much easier.

Peace and love thewhisper...

Michael

#251799 - 09/29/08 10:38 AM Re: moving on [Re: M3]
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Welcome th the MS site. You are with people who understand here.

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

#251885 - 09/29/08 05:08 PM Re: moving on [Re: Ken Followell]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Glad you found us whisperer! I have also had suicidality in my past. I still have intestinal problems from a suicide by cop attempt. I will try to be as supportive of you here as I possibly can and welcome you to our little community.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.