Newest Members
jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive, BCtejas, JHNebraska
12494 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
7 registered (Obi, jahfree, JHNebraska, iaccus, genedebs, 2 invisible), 24 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12494 Members
74 Forums
64160 Topics
447746 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#251737 - 09/29/08 02:06 AM Prayer Guidelines?
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
OK....so I feel like a total idiot for asking, but I will anyway. Gary (wojax1) is in the hospital for his cancer. Sending good thoughts his way just doesn't seem like enough given his strong Christian faith and he has always been a good friend to me on here. How do I pray for him? What do I say? Any input here would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#251745 - 09/29/08 04:45 AM Re: Prayer Guidelines? [Re: LN3(SS)]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
A noted theologian, Fr. Maurice Zundel, puts it this way:"There are no good or better prayers, no prayers that move God more than some others. What is important in prayer is not the formula employed but rather the love with which we invest our words."

Brian, ignorance is not the cause of idiocy. Don't beat yourself up for what you don't know or haven't yet learned, man.

If you were to pray to Gary's God on his behalf, what are the words in your heart for your friend? Say that.

I replied to you man because I care. What's more important to you? That I care or that I give you the long theological & intellectual answer to your question? Yeah, I thought so...

God wants to know that you care about your friend - God's not interested in however savvy a manner you may use to formulate that.

Go with your heart, Brian, just go with your heart...

#251763 - 09/29/08 08:16 AM Re: Prayer Guidelines? [Re: joelRT]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
yes, perhaps we could all take a few moments to send out a plea on gary's behalf.

almighty, compassionate creator, may your will be done in gary. give him the reassurance that he is not suffering in vain; that he is deeply loved, and that his kindness and compassion do not go unrecognized by those of us who's lives are touched by his quiet fortitude and deep faith in you. bless him with strength to endure each trial that rises to meet him in his task here on earth, and grant him your comfort to remain unwavering in his love and devotion to you in his difficult time. if it be your will, bring him to speedy recovery, so that his light may continue to shine in the darkness of a world that so desperately needs the witness which he bears, of your goodness and presence in the world. we make this appeal and we thank you for blessing us with the goodness of his life here with us. amen.

#251788 - 09/29/08 09:56 AM Re: Prayer Guidelines? [Re: Sans Logos]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
(((((((((((((Gary)))))))))))))))

You're in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Michael

#256463 - 10/20/08 09:09 AM Re: Prayer Guidelines? [Re: M3]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

how's gary!!!???

#256466 - 10/20/08 09:18 AM Re: Prayer Guidelines? [Re: Sans Logos]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Sans Logos, I'll add your prayer to Gary. Maybe he listnes to you. I severed my lines to him years ago. Heal well Gary and my friends.
Pete (Irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#256675 - 10/21/08 10:58 AM Re: Prayer Guidelines? [Re: LN3(SS)]
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home

Prayer is easy and can be done regardless of faith or religion, just simple thought for someone else’s well being is enough, knowing that greatest source of all power resides deep within us, we can send our best wishes to those in need, and a silent prayer is immediately flung to the heavens.
The greatest prayer is believing that all will be well soon, not as we want rather God does.

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#257043 - 10/22/08 07:54 PM Re: Prayer Guidelines? [Re: Morning Star]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Thanks to everyone who has commented to Brian on how to pray. That has troubled me for years. Awhile back one of my best friends in all the world told me he was praying for me, and it felt like some amazing precious gift. The fact that I felt that way surprised me, since prayer seems to be a talent I lost along the way. I guess I unlearned it as I was led from one room of the church to another.

But enough of that. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate Brian for asking this powerful question and all the rest of you for your encouraging replies. I will be coming back to this one.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#293089 - 06/26/09 12:09 AM Re: Prayer Guidelines? continuing our prayers [Re: LN3(SS)]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

let's continue to remember gary in our prayers. please send your thoughts in joyful vibration to celebrate an awesome brother survivor, who battled suffering on simultaneous fronts.

gary, we've got a great advocate pulling for us now. just think, wojax, the patron saint of survivors [not in a religious sense, but rather in the sense that in his position, he can intercede at a level that we cannot just yet.

hey gary, get the 1 in 6 lower please..... big hearts and loves to you brother!

a promise to gary:

Originally Posted By: ron aka sans logos
we will remember, you're gone, but not forgotten,
now your love lives free beyond the pain!
you'll be a star of hope above high 'heaven'
feeding hearts who seek the courage to remember your name.

((((( gary )))))

love,

ron

#293095 - 06/26/09 12:18 AM Re: Prayer Guidelines? [Gary R.I.P.] [Re: LN3(SS)]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

thanks to one of our members who has been in contact with gary's family, you can see his obit here. obviously his life as a survivor was no secret.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.