Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 9 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63580 Topics
444210 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#251541 - 09/27/08 08:54 PM I'm good enough and doggone it people like me.....
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
(my little tribute to Stuart Smalley )

I had a real good day and I'd say it so good in my the new journal that I started yesterday, I'd like to share the entry with you.
========================
September 27, 2008

I went to see the Mets game with (Sister-in-law) today. I really had a good time. Johan (Santana) pitched a great game today (complete game 3 hit shutout). It was great the Mets won and the Brewers lost.

But the best part of it all was that I felt somewhat "normal". I was able to talk a little to the people at the stadium and I really got into a conversation with passengers on the train and the conductor about the game.

People like me and I'm fun to be around, I have to take more risks in the future. I'm going to dinner with (friend) tommorrow night, I'm really looking forward to it.

==============

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#251542 - 09/27/08 08:56 PM Re: I'm good enough and doggone it people like me..... [Re: onlyakid]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Excellent, Jason! Glad to hear you had such a good day, and even more so I am glad to see that you recognize what a great person you are. It's true! \:\)

#251553 - 09/28/08 12:14 AM Re: I'm good enough and doggone it people like me..... [Re: EGL]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Jason,

thanks for sharing your day with us.
Glad you had good time at the mets game.

mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#251578 - 09/28/08 03:46 AM Re: I'm good enough and doggone it people like me..... [Re: michael banks]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi jtt5254,
Glad that you had a great day, yes we are worth something. We all are worth something on these pages. Heal well my friend. Oh P.S. I'm a diehard Red Sox fan. (sorry 'bout that).
Pete

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#251579 - 09/28/08 05:58 AM Re: I'm good enough and doggone it people like me..... [Re: petercorbett]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Jason I am so glad that you where able to get out and have a good time at the ball park. That is one of the last games to be played in Shea .

So good to see that you are making progress in your recovery.

O and by the way my team the Twins sure could of used Santana back yesterday.

Tom

#251632 - 09/28/08 01:44 PM Re: I'm good enough and doggone it people like me. [Re: Muldoon]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
Excellent Jason!!
Well, that is that you had a great time, talk to folks and felt almost normal! I can't imagine why people wouldn't like you... except maybe that you are a Mets fan or something like that... LOL ;\)

GO SMALL MARKET TEAMS!!!

Peace and love Jason, I'm really happy for you!!!

Michael

#251689 - 09/28/08 09:01 PM Re: I'm good enough and doggone it people like me. [Re: M3]
lungfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: nowhere special nj
Hey Jason, Thanks for sharing your journal entry. I went to the game today (not as fun). This morning I almost backed out because of negative self-talk. Like you, I pushed myself and I also talked with strangers. I enjoyed the guys I went with and I'm sure they enjoyed my company as well. I'm pretty sure the only one who thinks I'm crazy and unworthy is me, but I'm working on that. Thanks for the post. Pete

Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like to be taught. -Sir Winston Churchill

#251707 - 09/28/08 10:19 PM Re: I'm good enough and doggone it people like me. [Re: lungfish]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Well the good news is you were at the last game ever played at Shea Stadium and you got to see that great closing cermony. The bad news is that the Mets offense and the bullpen let us fans down again.

But yes, I think that the only one who thinks were crazy and unworthy is us. But its hard to really believe that.

Ya Gotta Believe LOL
Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#251886 - 09/29/08 05:19 PM Re: I'm good enough and doggone it people like me..... [Re: onlyakid]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
I loved that Stewart Smally. Him and the motivational speaker character were great!

#252058 - 09/30/08 09:35 AM Re: I'm good enough and doggone it people like me..... [Re: blueshift]
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Jason,

Thanks for sharing this. As one of the people who know and like you and I glad you are able to see it and hope things like this become less and less risky for you.

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.