Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
3 registered (Ocellaris, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63412 Topics
443345 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#250936 - 09/24/08 07:21 PM Re: Speaking to the hurt boy [Re: sunwolf]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Lewis,

What a great way to communicate to Little Lewis. That's exactly the sort of thing he needs to hear from you. I especially like the part where you tell him you're proud of him. You should be! He got you through a terrible situation even though he was frightened and all alone.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#250965 - 09/24/08 08:51 PM Re: Speaking to the hurt boy [Re: Hauser]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: Hauser
Hi again Lewis.

You got me thinking. Whenever you (or anyone) writes to your little-self, I notice that I'm not one to ever do that. Is that because we're just different? I don't know. In fact, I seem to think in opposite extremes.

Sometimes I feel like saying "Drop this inner-child down a well"............. lol, is that bad?

Lewis? Do you really FEEL what you're saying here in this post? Or are you trying to grind it into your brain that this is what you deserve/deserved, but don't yet FEEL it? Where ARE you emotionally right now when you think about yourself at such a young age?

i think i do believe all of that, i do, yes, as me now i think i believe it both on an intellectual and an emotional level, but when i think back and with all of those intense feelings and unanswered questions that made me feel so bad about myself and alone and worthless then that part of myself, back then, didn't believe the things i believe now, and that is still part of me, those unprocessed unresolved things, and nobody told me those things then and so i have to say it now. Yes the hurt that i felt then doesn't just go away because i am older and that is why i like to speak to myself through this idea of talking to little me, because beyond the reason of my older brain, that deeper and hurting part of me needs to be reached and given the answers that i was never given, told the things that i wanted to be told. Otherwise i will always feel myself sinking into my bed at night frightened and worthless.

I'm not sure why you don't like to connect to your younger self, but i think that that is an important realisation that you just made, maybe you should think about the reasons why you don't want to talk to that part of yourself, maybe you still hold guilt or shame or something.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#251420 - 09/27/08 10:23 AM Re: Speaking to the hurt boy [Re: king tut]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi King tut.
Hey you made my day with that speaking to that hurt boy, I'm going to print it out and when me and that boy crying inside get tied up in knots together I'm going to pull it out and just meditate on it and maybe we'll get a bit of serenity. Heal well my friend.
Pete

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.