Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, traveler, royjay), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63582 Topics
444218 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#249019 - 09/10/08 03:28 PM Quiting Drugs
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I am proud to say that I don't want to take drugs anymore and have decided to quit.

I have not taken cocaine in almost 2 weeks and I feel better than when I was doing it every day. That and its really expensive!
Funny, it never really made me feel better, I just thought that it would before I did it. And, then i would try to counter the paranoia with more drugs and downers.

Now, I still drink alcohol, and probably too much at that, but I think it will be less now that I won't be using drugs anymore!

I hpe that I am quiting using for the right reason, I mean half of the excitement/fun of it was getting it and once i had it in my pocket-I had this feeling of empowerment. I think that is because I could never afford to get it on a regular basis, but because of my job, I can/could afford it regularly and felt really good about that, as if it was what I was looking forward to.

I think that is part of the reason I don't want it anymore. I can get it anytime I want to now and it doesn't have the same effect-getting it that is. I can afford to.

Now I don't want it because I don't look forward to getting it OR doing it!

I hope that I am quitting it for the right reasons, but I don't know. It's not because i have realize how harmful it is for me but beacuse I just don't want it anymore because don't feel goo about having it anymore.

I reallize that to an outsider that does not do drugs(which is a really good thing, BTW), that this may seem obvious.

Please understand this was one of my acting-out behaviors.

I am a little worried that I will just trade one thing for another even though I don't even know what that is yet, but hopefully this is step in the right direction for me.

I know that I have many other bad habits to work on that are much more closer to me acting-out that is so much more directly related to abuse.

I just wanna feel proud about this step and the fact that, TRIGGERS, a week ago I was looking at a small mound of the white stuff, did one line, and came to this conclusion and flushed over $200 worth of it down the toilet.

I guess I just wanted to share that for no other reason that to say that I am Proud of myself for doing so!

sincerely,
Logan

-Blade Runner

#249023 - 09/10/08 04:39 PM Re: Quiting Drugs [Re: Logan]
terpprm Offline

Loc: Elyria, Ohio
i am really proud of you logan! this is a big step! i work in an addictions program and i see the effects of drugs daily!!!!!!! if you need help with anything give me a holler!!!!!!!!!!

Philip

#249024 - 09/10/08 04:39 PM Re: Quiting Drugs [Re: Logan]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Logan,

You made the right choice. Drugs never enhance life they only ruin it. They ruin it for the person doing the drugs, as well as their family and loved ones. I know it will be difficuly road for you. I have seen it first hand with my brother. But with the right support and your continued committment you will overcome this problem.

You have every right to be proud that you took this step before you let it take over your life. Just a word of advice, my brother tried numerous times to quit drugs but to continued to drink. It doesn't seem to work very well. I think most have found that you need to be sober and free of all types of substances to truly be sucessful.

I wish you the best of luck.

Dan

#249028 - 09/10/08 05:30 PM Re: Quiting Drugs [Re: DanM]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
I'm proud of you Logan. No matter your reason, it is a good first step. And remember, you have a lot of friends here to cheer you on and to help you each step of the way.

Best wishes!!

Michael

#251365 - 09/26/08 11:50 PM Re: Quiting Drugs [Re: M3]
lungfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: nowhere special nj
Good deal Logan. I too have recently given up drugs. my choice was marijuana but I have experience with almost everything. I started when I was 10 (older brothers). I started using after I was first molested and used daily by 15. I stayed high all day everyday into my forties. If i got high enough I wouldn't think and even better I wouldn't dream (nightmares). I really related to you about the excitement of it being gone, for me it was just a chore so I wouldn't hurt. My life is much better without it and now I can do the work I need to do. I wish you the best. you have made a great decision, stay strong. Pete

Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like to be taught. -Sir Winston Churchill

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.