Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
4 registered (pufferfish, 3 invisible), 21 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63208 Topics
441978 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#250919 - 09/24/08 04:00 PM Strange, indeed
Stretch73 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Sea Isle City, NJ
It's been a rather odd day. First, my coffee pot refused to function properly this morning, which is not a good thing. I NEED my coffee. I went out and bought a new coffee pot, brought it home, and plugged it in and this one doesn't work. What the hell is going on? Chad calls me about 1/2 hour ago and lets me know that a circuit breaker blew out last night. Hmmm... is that possible? The whole one side of the kitchen is out. I just called for an electrician and no one can get here until after 6pm, which will also raise the "call charge" to $125 just to get the guy out here, because it's deemed an emergency. Money-making scams.

About an hour ago, I got a call from Chad's aunt, who wanted me to call a "800" number, because she couldn't understand what the recording was saying on the other end. So I call! I figure, no big deal. No problem. I come to find out, "Big Problem!" It's basically a meeting number for men trying to meet women. You know when the recording starts with, "Hey sexy guy..." it's not something you want to be a part of. I am not getting in between this woman and her husband. I haven't called her back to explain it.

These two people have tons of issues, and I'm not "damage control."

A little while ago, I was on the phone with my best customer. Great customer, throws me a ton of work, and I'd probably be in the toilet without him, but man, this guy just keeps talking. I wish he would shut the hell up! He starts telling me about a popular local radio station's topic today or yesterday about "Female teachers have sex with male students." He starts going on and on about "how lucky those boys are." What the hell is wrong with society? Doesn't anybody know this sh!t is wrong? I ended up hanging up on this guy, and when he called back, I told him "I'm in a low signal area." I hate lying to people, but it was either hang up and tell a little white lie when he called back, or tell him to "go f#ck himself," and take the chance in losing my best customer. (For some reason, several months ago, I would've told him to go f#ck himself.) I'm changing. Sh!T!!!!!!! LOL

Rich

#250924 - 09/24/08 05:21 PM Re: Strange, indeed [Re: Stretch73]
Stephen_5 Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern California Foothills
Rich,

Here's my take on the situation:

Take the new coffee maker back (you'll have some money to pay the electrician).
Pay the electrician off tonight or wait until tomorrow for less money. Run an extension cord to power the 'frig.
Tell Chad's aunt that the number is a hook-up thing; it's hers to deal with not yours.
If the subject ever comes up again, tell your best customer that sex abuse is sex abuse. Ask him to change the genders around and re-evaluate what his opinion would be then. I don't think 'lucky' would come to mind. It is just amazing to me that supposedly intelligent people still think that a young high school boy getting seduced and used by an older woman is 'lucky'. We all know better.

That's just my opinion and it's worth every cent that you paid for it.

Take care,

Steve

#250925 - 09/24/08 05:31 PM Re: Strange, indeed [Re: Stretch73]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
Quote:
What the hell is wrong with society? Doesn't anybody know this sh!t is wrong

I'm hearin' ya Stretch!

Glad you are in good spirits about such a weird day. How are the planets aligned? Full moon? LOL

#250932 - 09/24/08 07:02 PM Re: Strange, indeed [Re: M3]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
Go flip the breaker your self. it might save 125.00

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#250946 - 09/24/08 07:52 PM Re: Strange, indeed [Re: OKIE MIKE]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Rich,

Some days are like that, dammit, and like M3 "I'm hearin' ya!"

Thankfully I've not run across such a crass conversation regarding boys and their teachers, and I'm sort of dreading the time when I do for fear I'll loose my sense of tact and fair play! I think hanging up on the guy was better than loosing control. You done good! One of these days you'll find it in you to say what needs to be said with eloquence.

John

#251021 - 09/25/08 09:58 AM Re: Strange, indeed [Re: WalkingSouth]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
sinse I know some fairly tactless people, and when i lose my temper i really! fly off the handle, I actually worry about that sort of thing coming up, and as has been said, i think you handled it in the best possible way.

In one lecture, an extreme feminist lecturer spent an hour saying how evil men were and how most men would rape a woman if they could, and how poor defenseless women needed protecting from these evil creatures.

i only avoided standing up and yelling out exactly what I thought of her by sticking on some headphones with really lou music and drowning her out.

i can't really suggest what to do about the electrician but have you considdered either hand grinding your coffee or buying it ready done and using a cafetier? I'm a bit of a coffee nut, so I like to grind my own beans by hand, ---- sinse most electric grinders usually over heat the beans and make the coffee too bitter. this doesn't take that long, but for occasions when i need to be quick, i have some ready ground stuff, which it's just necessary to bung in the cafetier, add some almost boiling water and wait five minutes.

admittedly, I don't get espresso or capuchino (unless I physically froth the milk myself), but I do get a good cup of coffee very quickly.

I'll admit though, I am a bit of a purist on coffee, so drink it black with absolutely nothing in to get the most out of the flavour, so my opinion here is deffinately biasedd, stil, it's a suggestion, and I'm guessing would probably be cheaper than an electric coffee maker.

sorry if you find the idea a load of rubbish, as i said I'm fairly particular on coffee.

#251024 - 09/25/08 10:15 AM Re: Strange, indeed [Re: dark empathy]
Stretch73 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Sea Isle City, NJ
I use a French Press on the weekends, which is by far the best way to drink coffee, in my opinion. But during the week, when my coffee maker is set to start at 3:30am, there just isn't enough time to wait around for the press, which I usually let sit and absorb the coffee for 20-30 minutes. I am a coffee nut as well. I drink 5-6 full pots a day. LOL

I use a little bit of 1/2 & 1/2 in my coffee, no sugar. I used to drink it black also, and swore I'd never dilute my coffee with anything, but when I started to develop ulcers on a daily basis, my doctor said that if I wouldn't stop drinking coffee, at least put some milk or cream in it. That seemed to do the trick, but I still get ulcers ocassionally. LOL

In my house, we always have an unlimited amount of coffee, beer, and Irish whiskey. LOL

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.