Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (tbkkfile, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63167 Topics
441715 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#250917 - 09/24/08 03:38 PM Go Phillies!
Stretch73 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Sea Isle City, NJ
If the Phillies can win two out of the last four games of the season, they will accomplish something that I haven't seen in my lifetime, which is to finish in first place, two seasons in a row in NL East. I will be on Cloud 9 "when" this happens.

GOOOOOOOOOOO Phillies!

#250918 - 09/24/08 03:44 PM Re: Go Phillies! [Re: Stretch73]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
Congrats Stretch and the Phillies!

I'm happy anytime someone other than Atlanta wins the NL East! And while were at it... GO RAYS!! (Or any other team that keeps Boston or New York from winning the AL East!)

Hmmm... I see a pattern of rooting for the underdog? Maybe that's because I always felt like one...

#250920 - 09/24/08 04:19 PM Re: Go Phillies! [Re: M3]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I'm afraid that it will be a long time before our Rockies win 25 straight games again. And on another Philadelphia sports subject, did I ever tell you guys that I went waterskiing once in 1976 with a former Eagles tackle named Steve Smith? He used to live right next door to a couple of friends of mine growing up on the north shore of Pine Lake SW of Pontiac. I think that he used to play in the late 60s and early 70s.

Go Phillies. 16 straight wins is all that they need, and that ought to be a cinch compared to 25.

Mark

#250921 - 09/24/08 04:29 PM Re: Go Phillies! [Re: Trucker51]
oriolesguy Offline

Loc: Long Island, NY
You think he Rockies are bad? Hw about the Orioles! I'm a tried and true fan of Baltimore, and I can't tell you how hard it gets sometimes to keep wearing the orange. Maybe I'll turn my Orioles shirts inside out and wear them for Halloween. At some point, we may resurrect from the dead.
In the meantime....
Go Tampa Bay..... and Philadelphia

Oriolesguy

#250926 - 09/24/08 05:40 PM Re: Go Phillies! [Re: oriolesguy]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Whatever happened to Brooks Robinson??? And I once saw Frank Robinson almost hit one out of the old Cleveland Stadium back when he was trying to be a player/manager there. He pinch-hit himself and hit it to the track in left. I grew-up being a Tigers fan myself. I could name the starting Tigers lineup from the 1968 Series like it was yesterday. And I was at Tiger Stadium on the next to last game of the season when the Tigers clinched the AL East at home in a game against the Red Sox in 1973. The Indians were never good in the 10 years that I lived there, but I remember a crowd of nearly 60,000 after the Indians had won 10 straight games. Of course, the Indians blew their big chance, as usual.

Go Tampa Bay!!!

Mark

#250955 - 09/24/08 08:01 PM Re: Go Phillies! [Re: Trucker51]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

I feel the need to post here...

#250956 - 09/24/08 08:03 PM Re: Go Phillies! [Re: Trucker51]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Sorry Phillies can't win the division, Mets have to. But they can win the Wild Card, I will allow that LOL

Lets Go Mets
Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#250959 - 09/24/08 08:10 PM Re: Go Phillies! [Re: onlyakid]
Stretch73 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Sea Isle City, NJ
Muck the Fets!

#250961 - 09/24/08 08:19 PM Re: Go Phillies! [Re: Stretch73]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
Orioles may have a hard time these days, but I loved seeing them play in Camden Yards. Wrigley was pretty cool when I was there for a Cardinals/Cubs match up during the McGuire/Sosa battle. Sorry I never made it to Yankee Stadium...

I grew up during the Big Red Machine of the '70s close enough to Cincinnati that they were all I knew (Cleveland was so bad back then I think Cleveland even carried the Reds...)... Who would name their stadium the "Great American Ballpark" ?????

#250964 - 09/24/08 08:34 PM Re: Go Phillies! [Re: M3]
oriolesguy Offline

Loc: Long Island, NY
Although the Orioles have zippo, Camden Yards IS the best stadium in baseball. And no matter what the New Yorkers do, they'll never match what Baltimore has. Now if they could only get a baseball team to play there....
Mets fans... beware. Milwaukee lurks....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.