Newest Members
Jeff B., Aquarian, synthguy, equus, credmi1974
12835 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Amatthew78 (37), Berenice (50), ClarenceDOhio (61), Geist (28), harmarea (44), needhelp_ks59 (57), PAVEMaleOutreach (41), The Abyss (48)
Who's Online
5 registered (smc1972, GonnaBalright, 3 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12835 Members
75 Forums
66319 Topics
463414 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Topic Options
#250756 - 09/23/08 05:17 PM Recovery overdose! Taking break.
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
I'm still trying to get over a brief love affair that I managed to crash land before it even got off the ground and I think I'm at a point where dealing with my issues is getting to be too much to handle right now.

I'm going to take some days off and see if I can pull myself out of this depression by purging my mind of issues and other troubles. They will be here just like I left them when I get back. Cyall next week. I will check for PMs though, so if u need to talk, send me a PM. Oh yeah, I WILL be at the healing circle come hell or high water! ..Actually make that hell AND high water, that way they cancel each other out! lol

My Story
My Art

#250768 - 09/23/08 07:33 PM Re: Recovery overdose! Taking break. [Re: blueshift]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus

Loc: Carlisle, PA

Sometimes we do need a break, so you're just acting in your own interest when you recognize this and step back for a few days. Take care and I look forward to seeing you around when you feel you can return.

Much love,

Nobody living can ever stop me
As I go walking my freedom highway.
Nobody living can make me turn back:
This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#250834 - 09/23/08 11:18 PM Re: Recovery overdose! Taking break. [Re: roadrunner]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
Hi Doug,

It is easy to get burned out on recovery if it comes in too big of doses. Take the time away and look after yourself for a while, doing goog things for you. Looking forward to see you back again when you feel the time is right.

#250845 - 09/24/08 01:10 AM Re: Recovery overdose! Taking break. [Re: EGL]
WalkingSouth Offline

Totally understood. Take some time and just let it be what it is. It can be easy to get so intent on the recovery stuff that a person looses all sense of self and perspective. Take a walk, go to a play, take a ferry across the Sound, contact an old friend you've not seen in a while, just be you and have fun.

Lots of love,

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy ____…! What a ride!’” ~Hunter S. Thompson

#250857 - 09/24/08 07:01 AM Re: Recovery overdose! Taking break. [Re: WalkingSouth]
Sans Logos Offline

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
thanks for letting us know that you are okay and just need to spend a bit of time on retreat.

i'll look forward to your input upon your arrival.

i hope you find time to accomplish some artistic projects that you have been pondering.

take care brother, and if you need, you know where to find me,

1. the past
  2. ReClaiming Now
  3. advocacy

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.