Newest Members
gdj, Db, dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty
12386 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
4 registered (cant_remember, help4aCSAspouse, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63654 Topics
444545 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#251356 - 09/26/08 10:40 PM Re: Lost [Re: MarkK]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
I'm sorry Mark, you are in pain, you and your marriage are suffering and you made a decision to salvage that. Being "chastised for 'letting the cat out of the bag'" is CRAP (please excuse my language)! I can't believe that the Worship Team could be so fragile that if a member needs to leave in an emergency, the Worship Team's well being supersedes the health and well-being of the person in crisis. They should be reaching out to you and making sure you are OK and your transition out of the church is as affirming as possible.

You did what you had to do and I admire you for making that sacrifice to save your family. I can't believe that you aren't being supported in that choice. I'm really flabbergasted by this.

I'm sorry (((Mark))), really sorry...

Michael

#251357 - 09/26/08 10:43 PM Re: Lost [Re: M3]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
it's not "a member" that left - it was the Worship Minister that left.

: shrug :

not that it matters - it's over with now. done. finished.

and maybe i should just stay away from music for a while.

m

#251417 - 09/27/08 10:17 AM Re: Lost [Re: MarkK]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: MarkK
More and more I think I made the right decision.

Mark, you may be right.

It sounds to me like there were a lot of folk in the congregation and on the worship team that care about you a lot though. That doesn't necessarily make his approach correct of course. You are the one who has made this decision and it would seem to me it's yours to tell whomever and whenever, not the other way around. I guess everyone has their issues including him.

I'm sorry this has and is happening. It can happen with grace and love or it can happen the way it is. I wish it were the former for your sake.

Lots of love,

John

#251450 - 09/27/08 01:55 PM Re: Lost [Re: WalkingSouth]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
((MarkK))

Sorry this happened. People, even pastors, can be pretty rotten sometimes. He must have his own issues.

I was a worship leader and admin board chairman at a church for about 5 years. There was a church split, everything went crazy, and for the sake of those who stayed, I resigned. Backlash ensued. Turned me off. Stayed out of church for 3 years, because my eyes were on people instead of God. Don't let this happen to you. When the music stopped, something in me died.

We're back in (a different) church again, and this is another part of my life I'm working thru for healing. I'm still keeping at an arms length, but the church has a terrific worship team. Right now, I'm satisfied not leading that ministry. I'm just trying to get back into my own personal worship of the Lord.

I'm sure you already know it, but "eyes on Jesus." We've been messed up by enough rotten people already.

I'm so sorry for the hurt you feel right now.

(((MarkK)))

Peace,

John

About a home I’ll never see

It may sound absurd...but don’t be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but won’t you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
It’s not easy to be me

#251545 - 09/27/08 09:35 PM Re: Lost [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Fissy Tsickens
When the music stopped, something in me died.

yeah - i know that feeling ... it died here too.

and i dunno if i really care anymore.

m

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.