Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 25 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63167 Topics
441715 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#250533 - 09/22/08 03:49 AM I head to court to face my perp.
scotia1 Offline

Very soon I head to court to face my perp. It's been many years in the making. Iím feeling a bit apprehensive, but also a bit excited. Itís kind of like heading into a MMA cage match fight and the referee calls out ďlet's get ready to rumbleĒ. Iím also going back to a small community that I grow up in (where much of the abuse occurred). I remember many years back during the cold war, I had wished the Russians would send over a missile and blow the place of the map! Iím also apprehensive about seeing a lot of people I havenít seem for so long, wondering what they will think of me now. Some of those people will include my Dad and two of my brothers who donít speak to me anymore because of the sexual abuse case Iíve brought forward. I was a little boy THEN, and I am an adult NOW. I feel I owe it to the little boy inside me, and also owe it to the other many little boys that have gone through similar experiences. Someone must stand up to the plate and get the job done, so why not me. I am afraid, but I will go through with this, and I will do my best to have this man convicted (hopefully for a long time). Wish me luck, I may need it!

Edited by scotia1 (09/22/08 03:50 AM)

#250539 - 09/22/08 07:27 AM Re: I head to court to face my perp. [Re: scotia1]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
Scotia1,

My best wishes and prayers are with you brother. Know that your comrades here are sending out positive energy to you to help you through this. You are getting a chance to do what many of us never will.

I'm also proud for you for having the strength to do this. It takes a lot of courage.

Peace and love... we will be thinking of you...let us know how it turns out.

Michael

#250546 - 09/22/08 08:02 AM Re: I head to court to face my perp. [Re: scotia1]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
good luck HERO!

and please let us know how things fare for you!

in thought and prayer,

ron

#250548 - 09/22/08 08:59 AM Re: I head to court to face my perp. [Re: Sans Logos]
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
thank you for doings this for all our little boys and the men who have also suffered abuse. It is not an easy thing, be sure to find some support to be thre with you during the trial. It is nothing to face alone.

I supported a friend through his trial and am so grateful he allowed me the privilegde if being there for him. seeing someone summon the courage and strength to do this is an honor not a chore. Look in your life to find those you can honor with the request to support you, they will be glad you trust them with this special job.

As Sans Logo said above you are a hero!

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
ÔŅĹ Rabbi Hillel

#250552 - 09/22/08 09:07 AM Re: I head to court to face my perp. [Re: Ken Followell]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
Thank you for doing this on behalf of those of us who cannot have the privilege you enjoy. I hope you nail him hard and for a good many years! You deserve your moment in the spotlight.

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#250686 - 09/23/08 03:50 AM Re: I head to court to face my perp. [Re: LN3(SS)]
scotia1 Offline

Thanks guys! I am writing this with tears in my eyes, after reading your kind words.
The crown is also flying my partner to be with me through this ordeal, but I will be thinking of you all when it's my turn at the plate. I wish I could explain in a bit more detail about the case, but that could legally jepordize things at this time.

I've been told I will be the first on the stand (there are several others now) and i will be the one the defense attorneys will be gunning for the hardest! I have fought hard,loud and long (14+ years) to make this day happen. This man was finally extradited back from overseas after sepending many yeras abroad were he made his mark in the world of child molestation.

After so many years of fighting, there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

thanks for your support guys,

scotia

#250688 - 09/23/08 04:36 AM Re: I head to court to face my perp. [Re: scotia1]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
I'm so rooting for you!

#250696 - 09/23/08 07:56 AM Re: I head to court to face my perp. [Re: blueshift]
Gunner Offline
New Here

Good luck! Chin up...

I can imagine what you are feeling.. I am facing the same thing.

"There comes a time when you have to stand for something, or fall for anything"...

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.