Newest Members
Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt
12132 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 53 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12132 Members
73 Forums
62560 Topics
438338 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#256318 - 10/19/08 02:38 PM Re: confused bi [Re: KENKEN]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
take care of yourself dusty
I am glad you have done what you have so far
this is a great place for support from others that care and know about abuse from experience.

There are no wrong or right ways to proceed but just the courage to do so.

Hugs Michael

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#256336 - 10/19/08 04:29 PM Re: confused bi [Re: sunwolf]
Puzzled Offline

I am in the same boat as all of you. Was sexually abused by my older brother.I guess I am Bi but when I have had sex with men there is no love or feeling its sexual only. When its with women I do have feelngs of love and its not just sexual. So at this point I have had 0 sex and I am totally confused. I have been in therapy for 17 months and on my next visit I will begin talking about this.I am in no rush at this point because I really want to be as sure as I can before I become sexual who knows I may not.I feel like I am clearing a path for myself through a jungle. THANKS GUYS - Mike

#256432 - 10/20/08 03:08 AM Re: confused bi [Re: KENKEN]
dusty42 Offline

Loc: Kentucky
Dusty42 has deleted this message. I no longer feel safe here.

Edited by dusty42 (03/18/09 03:01 PM)
Edit Reason: I no longer feel safe here

#256433 - 10/20/08 03:23 AM Re: confused bi [Re: dusty42]
dusty42 Offline

Edited by dusty42 (03/18/09 03:00 PM)

#256630 - 10/21/08 02:46 AM Re: confused bi [Re: dusty42]
dusty42 Offline

Edited by dusty42 (03/18/09 02:59 PM)

#256698 - 10/21/08 01:35 PM Re: confused bi [Re: dusty42]
sunwolf Offline

Loc: Indiana
I guess there can be sex without love or attachment...love is more than liking someone..i do like males and am attracted to them, but there is something missing, the love the infatuation, etc...sometimes i tihnk that with a female am more caring and loving...but latetly i been feeling the same for males...but with a male i need caring, loving etc...it is like with a male i feel more female...confused? me too!!!

#256702 - 10/21/08 02:00 PM Re: confused bi [Re: sunwolf]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
Sorry sunwolf, but I think so many of us come out of CSA so confused. I always worry about my friends that go into relationships because the sex was good, or sleep around to be fulfilled physically and then long for the emotional.

I don't know what to tell you, I wish I did. Sometimes the more I think I figure this out for myself, the more confusing it becomes. The only thing I know, is that sex is better if you have the emotional attachment to the person so you can feel safe and free to be yourself. Don't worry about who it is, just know that when you find it, you hold on to it and cherish it.

Peace and love...

Michael

#256873 - 10/22/08 12:16 AM Re: confused bi [Re: M3]
dusty42 Offline

Edited by dusty42 (03/18/09 02:58 PM)

#257347 - 10/24/08 12:55 AM Re: confused bi [Re: dusty42]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
For anyone dealing with identity or orientation confusion...
the first place to start is dealing with the abuse & the trauma that you experienced with a good T

This is from a post in a different thread

The following is from a book called: Gay Affirmative Therapy for the Straight Clinician by Joe Kort, MSW.

Quote:
There is a link between early sexual trauma and later sexual acting out which can include same-sex behaviour, but it has nothing to do with orientation. After psychotherapy helps clear away the trauma, the imprinted sexual behaviour often subsides and the client's true orientation - gay or straight - can surface.

Hope this helps

#257370 - 10/24/08 06:54 AM Re: confused bi [Re: ineffable]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Guys,

Following up on Craig's comment I'd like to emphasize the way he stressed the need for a "good T". Read: "open-minded and experienced". There are lots of Ts out there who deal with childhood trauma issues but don't have the experience or perspective necessary to deal with a guy who is having serious problems with his sexual identity.

I have said this before, but here it comes again - maybe it's worth hearing again. I don't believe for a second that there is a dichotomy between "straight" and "gay". Our sexuality is such a personal thing, and in a room of ten guys you would probably find ten different sexual perspectives, with reference to so many social, ethical and sexual issues.

Asking if these ten guys are straight or gay makes no more sense to me than asking are they rich or poor. It's just not the right question; it reflects the fears, anxieties and prejudice of a basically homophobic social tradition: it's a question that reflects false "them" v. "us" thinking, and it forces us into shoehorning our own thinking into options and choices that, however reassuring for others, might be no good for us.

My own struggle with this issue came to this conclusion some time ago, and it's one I have been content with ever since. Ask yourself these three questions:

1. Am I being honest with myself about my sexual feelings?
2. Am I being open and honest with my sexual partner(s)?
3. Do I feel sexually fulfilled?

If you can answer "yes" to all three questions then, hey, you're just fine and who cares what others say or think. If you can't say "yes", on the other hand, then perhaps that shows you where further work might be useful.

Just some thoughts.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.