Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
5 registered (Suwanee, lapchinj, tbkkfile, highflight, I Want 2 Thrive), 21 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63225 Topics
442120 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#250347 - 09/20/08 10:28 AM Finding plan 'B'
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Yesterday, I went to take a rather indepth technical exam. It's called Convergence-Plus, sponsored by CompITA, and is 90 questions pulled from a one-thousand-page study guide. It's purpose is to show that the one passing the test knows something about voice-over-IP.

I passed the test (YAY!). I now have a new certificate to frame, and place on my resume. As a friend pointed out, this organization has a reputation to uphold. Getting a CompTIA certificate tells the world that one has a clue about whatever the test is covering.

In order to manage to keep my cool through the testing time, I had plan B in mind - in other words, if I failed the test, I had a backup in mind. Let's say I failed the test - I could go back to my employer to say I tried (part of my bonus hinges on this certification), kiss the testing fee goodbye, and just take it again in October or November. The key was that I could say I tried - that was my plan B.

I did not want to fail the test, but I had my backup plan, and that helped me get through it so that I was not really nervous. Having a Plan B always seems to be a good thing. Preparedness is a wonderful thing. Nevertheless, I passed and can put away that @#$%& thick study guide!

And to demonstrate just how sick of a man I am, I broke out my Network Plus study materials, and started reading up for the next certification. The upside - this one is not required by work.

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#250351 - 09/20/08 10:53 AM Re: Finding plan 'B' [Re: FormerTexan]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
Quote:
And to demonstrate just how sick of a man I am, I broke out my Network Plus study materials, and started reading up for the next certification.

Dude, that IS really sick! LOL

Congratulations Andy!

You are right, part of preparedness should always be a Plan B.

Peace and love (and get some rest...geezs...)...

Michael

#250354 - 09/20/08 12:42 PM Re: Finding plan 'B' [Re: FormerTexan]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: FormerTexan
Convergence-Plus, sponsored by CompITA, and is 90 questions pulled from a one-thousand-page study guide.
I passed the test (YAY!). I now have a new certificate to frame, and place on my resume.Andy

Congratulations!! Way to go!! \:D \:D \:D \:D

Allen

puffer

Edited by pufferfish (09/20/08 12:43 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.