Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
5 registered (ethereo222, Shockwave, Cthulhu, aniceguy, fhorns), 25 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63211 Topics
442001 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#250309 - 09/19/08 08:44 PM Guest? Member? Nothing?
Tinman Offline

Loc: Lake Forest, CA
I have noticed that under everybody else I see "Guest", "Member", "Junior Member" (What is that?) and under my name I see nothing.

What does that mean?

Thanks,

Paul

To the perps: Don't worry about me coming after you. But you damn well better watch out for God! "Vengeance is mine", saith the Lord

#250316 - 09/19/08 11:52 PM Re: Guest? Member? Nothing? [Re: Tinman]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Well, you could pay the $35 minimum fee and doing so would give you access to the member-only side of the forum. There are 9 additional forums including a member's art forum where a number of us have posted both childhood and current photos of ourselves. I still don't know what junior member means myself because I have seen it applied to certain younger site users and to people in their 50s. Did you specify what you were specifically in making out your user profile?

Maybe one of the senior site staff could explain the finer points of the various other site-user sub-groups.

Mark

#250345 - 09/20/08 10:03 AM Re: Guest? Member? Nothing? [Re: Tinman]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
This might give you some information.
You could send Nathan a PM to find out why nothing is showing under your user name.

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...true#Post195432

#250425 - 09/21/08 01:30 AM Re: Guest? Member? Nothing? [Re: ineffable]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ineffable is correct. Nathan is the guy to contact on this. Heck for 18 months or so after I first came here I was the only one on the DB that had a pretty blue

MaleSurvivor

below my name. Never did figure it out although a lot of guys asked. It went away when they made me a mod.

#251288 - 09/26/08 07:19 PM Re: Guest? Member? Nothing? [Re: Tinman]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
got this from the faq drop down:

What is the title that appears beneath my Display Name in posts?
It's a system-generated User Title to give ranking to your postcount. You will progress through the various levels according to the cumulative number of posts you have made.

What are these titles about?
Everyone has a title within the forum. You will notice the title below the Display Name in each post. Some titles are automatically assigned based on the number of posts a user has made, and some titles are assigned by the forum owner to denote official representatives of the company or other VIPs in the forums.

#251336 - 09/26/08 09:51 PM Re: Guest? Member? Nothing? [Re: Sans Logos]
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Tinman,

Sans Logos is correct, the "Guest", "Member", "Junior Member" titles are system generated titles achieved by post counts. The old software of the board required these three titles, the upgrades removed this need. I have thus turned off this feature to remove confusion between the system generated title "member" and a dues paying member.

Nathan

#251543 - 09/27/08 08:58 PM Re: Guest? Member? Nothing? [Re: Nathan LaChine]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Nathan,

I just went and looked at another post with many replies by paying and non-paying members alike and "Guest", "Junior Member" and "Member" are still there although you just said that this was now turned off?

Just thought I'd give you a headsup.
~Brian

#251557 - 09/28/08 12:50 AM Re: Guest? Member? Nothing? [Re: frost]
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Brian,

Correct that function is turned off, but there is no way to back date this correction, i.e. only since I turned that function off will the user's not get those default titles. I don't have the time to go through over 5,000 members an remove these default titles. So going forward new members will not have these default titles \:\)

Nathan

#251938 - 09/29/08 08:40 PM Re: Guest? Member? Nothing? [Re: Nathan LaChine]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Fair enough;

Since we're in a PHP environment I'm guessing we're running on MySQL. Are you able to perform a query... it would look something like this:

@mysql_query("UPDATE `users` SET `status`='' WHERE `status`='Guest'");

I don't know the exact table names or column names that would contain the data but this would be my best guess and it would be a quick & easy way to purge all old titles.

Thoughts?
~Bri

#251971 - 09/29/08 09:22 PM Re: Guest? Member? Nothing? [Re: frost]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
Originally Posted By: frost
@mysql_query("UPDATE `users` SET `status`='' WHERE `status`='Guest'");

I don't know the exact table names or column names that would contain the data but this would be my best guess and it would be a quick & easy way to purge all old titles.

Thoughts?
~Bri

I'll bite...

GEEK!!!

lol

C

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.