Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blank (36), christx (41), Heartonfire (38), Nathan LaChine (31)
Who's Online
3 registered (Austintexan, mike1965, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63126 Topics
441439 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#250273 - 09/19/08 01:04 PM timeline .....15 months and counting......
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
I Recieved this email this morning and although it was pretty surprising that i got a reply so soon after sending it
yesterday i'm curious as to when a decision will be made if at all ....i'm at a loss for words and i am so frustrtaed...i know the system is crushed with claims yet is it safe to say i could be granted what i'm looking for ..."just due" is all i want therefore does anyone have an idea how long it takes........my case has been with the rating board 3X in the last 15 months....! ! ! that's kind of odd........ialso recieved a call about 2 months ago on my cell phone at 5pm in the afternoon from a guy who was asking me all kinds of questions. who actually told me "i am hand deliverying your claim to the rating board right now as we speak".....i was pretty paranoid ...why would anyone from VA contact the veteran so late on a friday is beyond me.....

Dear Mr. C

Thank you for using our online inquiry system.

I checked on your claim, the file is being sent to the Rating Board for a decision. You will be notified when the decision is made.

The reason why it took so long: The information requested from the military was just received.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply please respond to this message. If at some future time we can help you on a different subject, you may submit a new inquiry at https://iris.va.gov, call us toll free at 1-800-827-1000, or visit our web site at http://www.va.gov.

rw/301

VA Regional Office
JFK Federal Building
Boston MA 02203

#250276 - 09/19/08 01:38 PM Re: timeline .....15 months and counting...... [Re: thecoopstah]
wojax Offline

Loc: Florida
Hi,
I am so sorry it takes so long. I do[nt know what you are asking for ....or for what reason...But it took me 2 years to get my 100% service connected, dur to agent Orange.
The only good think is if you get what you are asking for they will pay you from the date you applyed for disability.
Good luck
Gary

Jer 7:23 ps 91:16

#250277 - 09/19/08 01:42 PM Re: timeline .....15 months and counting...... [Re: thecoopstah]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
Ugh. Sorry Coop. Don't think regular insurance is much better. I'm still trying to get my insurance company to pay a claim for my appointments in December. They paid for November and everything since January, but not December. Got a letter three weeks ago saying it was finally approved, but still no check...

Some day, Coop, we'll treat our vets the way they deserve to be treated. At least know some of us really appreciate your service.

Peace and love...

Michael

#250293 - 09/19/08 05:51 PM Re: timeline .....15 months and counting...... [Re: M3]
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
I'm actually apllying for PTSD service connection and my already service connected disability for lightheadness and dizziness and a siezure disorder.

I have a shitload of evidence drs notes up to and including letters from family and my fiancee who have all seen me struggle throughout the years ...i'm SSDI and unable to work....so the way i see things is i'm hoping to be granted for just due .....

Coop

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.