Newest Members
MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128
12506 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Moriji (44), Nicos (48), weharry1959 (55)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12506 Members
74 Forums
64203 Topics
448040 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#250062 - 09/17/08 09:53 PM Chosen
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Guys,

A while back the film "Chosen" had its world premier at an Oxford film festival and I was lucky enough to be offered a ticket for it. It's one of the best documentaries I have seen on the topic of male CSA, and it focuses on the cases of three men who attended a boarding school in England several decades ago.

I really recommend you see this if you can, and if you feel able to watch films like this. There's nothing visually graphic in it, though it's rough to watch the three men talk about their experiences and then you get a shot of that guy as a frightened broken child.

Here's the trailer for the film. It will be on UK television on More4 soon and I will post about that when I have definite word. There will also be broadcasts in the USA but I don't have details yet.

This really is an important film, and you can't help but admire the courage of the three survivors whose contributions stand at the heart of it.

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#250192 - 09/18/08 02:56 PM Re: Chosen [Re: roadrunner]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Larry, I would like to check this out, but if it is a new film we here in the States may have to wait for it to be on video and order it online to see it.

thanx for the post.

Logan

-Blade Runner

#250196 - 09/18/08 03:22 PM Re: Chosen [Re: Logan]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I couldn't find it in Netflix

Allen

puffer

#250228 - 09/18/08 09:14 PM Re: Chosen [Re: pufferfish]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
If someone finds it, please let us all know where.

Thanks...

#250767 - 09/23/08 07:23 PM Re: Chosen [Re: M3]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I will let everyone know when the film can be seen in the USA. For now the latest news is that there was a screening at the Royal Society of Arts last night, so it was seen by a lot of people with ties to education. The first public showing of the film will be in the UK on More4, September 30th at 10:00 pm.

I really do urge you to see this film if you can. It's a powerful witness to the courage of three amazing survivors and an example of the sort of positive things that are possible for us to do if and when we get to the point that we want to reach out to the rest of the world.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#250800 - 09/23/08 09:16 PM Re: Chosen [Re: roadrunner]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I remember talking to one of the guys whos involved with it a while back, it looks really well made and if i had More4 i would watch it

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#250802 - 09/23/08 09:21 PM Re: Chosen [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
funny that you put this up now because believe it or not before i saw this i thought about this same thing today because i remembered it is showing in September and i was looking at the date today because uni is starting back and so i assumed i had missed it and was feeling kinda dissapointed, hopefully i will be able to view it on the internet or something

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#250872 - 09/24/08 11:10 AM Re: Chosen [Re: king tut]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

You will definitely be able to see it Lewis. Here's the link for the website, by the way, for those who are interested: http://www.chosen.org.uk/

I really do recommend this film. It was especially moving for me to see it and then talk to two of the survivors who feature in it, but even without that it's a powerful experience.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#250885 - 09/24/08 11:59 AM Re: Chosen [Re: roadrunner]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

There will be a T2 feature piece on the film in the Times tomorrow. The Guardian will be running something on the 30th.

(Woody Guthrie)

#251755 - 09/29/08 05:33 AM Re: Chosen [Re: roadrunner]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Just a quick note to remind guys in Europe of the screening of Chosen tomorrow evening. It may also be possible for guys in the USA to see it then through an Internet connection, but I really don't have any idea how that would work.

(Woody Guthrie)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.