Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, JW1230, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63846 Topics
445822 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#323136 - 02/23/10 08:36 PM Re: How much do you exercise? [Re: pufferfish]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I started playing soccer at about 13 or 14. Getting involved in that, riding a bike everywhere (too poor for a car) and ice skating, I then started to run to improve my soccer as I got into high school and college. Then Uncle Sam issued an upper body to me in basic, now I have a spare tire but still run sporadically and referee. Running is probably one of the reasons I was able to cope so well. For some reason, I would feel the pain of emotions, and the pain from my body and oddly, I was able to handle them both. It would take the panic out of it. I started my 12 yo son running with me. His anxiety and meltdown issues (high functioning autism) have eased. Now I have a kid that is chomping at the bit for the snow to melt and tax season to end so we can run. I highly recommend any exercise that you can get into and just cruise, running, biking, swimming, etc.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#325507 - 03/17/10 11:34 AM Re: How much do you exercise? [Re: catfish86]
jnj Offline

Loc: UK
I started lifting weights again at the ripe old age of 35. To reiterate what has already been said, regular exercise has had nothing but a positive impact on my life. I lift weights for about 3 hours a week, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and I also do about 45 mins of cardio after my weight sessions. I had lifted weights before but not on a regular basis but this time around I gave stuck to it. I noticed a change in my physique with the 1st 6 weeks and my body is responding more and more all the time. My mental wellbeing has also taken a massive boost. My T suggested doing this and as I have said I have never felt so great. My mood swings have nearly disapeared and my self confidence with who I am is great.

The only thing is to speak to your Doc before going on a gym regime and if you a little older I would suggest a daily multi vitamin and some cod liver oil.

I don't want to be massive or anything like that but seeing your body improve subtly over your weights will give you a great ego boost. It did me smile. Oh and I quite drinking at the same time and again that was a smart move.

Good luck and enjoy the results.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.