Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
2 registered (Hopein14, don64), 24 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63171 Topics
441739 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#249263 - 09/12/08 10:32 AM Could this be the beginning of political change?
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
http://www.c-spanarchives.org/library/index.php?main_page=product_video_info&products_id=281024-1

Hi everyone. I know that some of you donít care for messages from anyone that are of political persuasions, but assuming that you respect my opinions, I want to help give some exposure to a recent press announcement that was hosted by Ron Paul (R, TX) on Sept. 10th.

Ron Paul held the news conference at the National Press Club in order to support third party presidential candidates and to urge his supporters to consider backing independent candidates rather than the Republican or Democratic nominees. He was joined by independent Ralph Nader, the Green Partyís Cynthia McKinney and the Constitution Partyís Chuck Baldwin. Representative Paul did not endorse a specific candidate.

In this announcement, the most important point that I feel that he made, is that, as a democracy, our present system isnít working, because of the simple fact that the MAJORITY of our voting populace is simply voting for the lesser of two evils, rather than voting for someone whoís message and ideals is something they actually fully believe in or agree with.

In summary, they made a public announcement that the Greens, the Constitutionalists, Ralph Nader, and Dr. Paul, even though they disagree on many issues, they all agree on some VERY IMPORTANT things that are NOT being addressed by Sen. Maccain or Sen. Obama AT ALL. These are the issues that they agree on:

1. Foreign Policy: The Iraq War must end as quickly as possible with removal of all our soldiers from the region. We must initiate the return of our soldiers from around the world, including Korea, Japan, Europe and the entire Middle East. We must cease the war propaganda, threats of a blockade and plans for attacks on Iran, nor should we re-ignite the cold war with Russia over Georgia. We must be willing to talk to all countries and offer friendship and trade and travel to all who are willing. We must take off the table the threat of a nuclear first strike against all nations.

2. Privacy: We must protect the privacy and civil liberties of all persons under US jurisdiction. We must repeal or radically change the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, and the FISA legislation. We must reject the notion and practice of torture, eliminations of habeas corpus, secret tribunals, and secret prisons. We must deny immunity for corporations that spy willingly on the people for the benefit of the government. We must reject the unitary presidency, the illegal use of signing statements and excessive use of executive orders.

3. The National Debt: We believe that there should be no increase in the national debt. The burden of debt placed on the next generation is unjust and already threatening our economy and the value of our dollar. We must pay our bills as we go along and not unfairly place this burden on a future generation.

4. The Federal Reserve: We seek a thorough investigation, evaluation and audit of the Federal Reserve System and its cozy relationships with the banking, corporate, and other financial institutions. The arbitrary power to create money and credit out of thin air behind closed doors for the benefit of commercial interests must be ended. There should be no taxpayer bailouts of corporations and no corporate subsidies. Corporations should be aggressively prosecuted for their crimes and frauds.

Thank you for listening.

#249265 - 09/12/08 10:54 AM Re: Could this be the beginning of political change? [Re: Hauser]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
In support of what Alan is saying, I will continue to say that our monetary system is a complete fraud, where a piece of paper that cost a few cents to print is suddenly blessed as ten or twenty or fifty dollars. Every paper note in circulaiton is someone's liability. Ron Paul knows about this fraud and has done what he can by himself to fight it, including introducing a bill to break up this banking cartel monopoly called the Fed. They make money out of thin air, loan it at interest, and the stockholders of the Fed have made tremendous profits off of interest payments on the so-called national debt. The Grace Commission determined that all of our personal federal income tax goes straight to this banking cartel. I remember reading about a 30 billion dollar interest payment years ago. Why are we doing this?? Neither Obama nor McCain is going to do anything about this greedy cartel. It will be business as usual.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#249267 - 09/12/08 11:12 AM Re: Could this be the beginning of political change? [Re: FormerTexan]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
this topic is fascinating. i am very grateful to gain another perspective on the choice of political candidates. though i don't get the sense that the country will elect an independent candidate over a democrat or republican, the options that are available outside of the box, do seem to quite credible.

unfortunately, politics, like most everything else american, is predominantly black and white.

oh well, back to watching from afar......

#249672 - 09/15/08 01:13 PM Re: Could this be the beginning of political change? [Re: Sans Logos]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
And today, money just vanishes into thin air too. Just think: Today you can buy AIG for 30% of what it would have cost just last Friday. And how about that Lehman Bros. stock??? I just wonder what the effect will be over the mid- to long-term for all of us??? Just today a number of economic forecasts have been revised substantially downward through 2010.

Maybe it is time to liquidate everything and move to a quiet little place in the hills at the end of a long dirt road. Maybe come down to Walmart once a month for supplies. Grow vegetables and raise chickens. Get there before everyone else drives the price up!!!

Mark

#249681 - 09/15/08 01:52 PM Re: Could this be the beginning of political change? [Re: Trucker51]
Stretch73 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Sea Isle City, NJ
To answer your question, "Could this be the beginning of political change?"

Probably not!

#249921 - 09/17/08 12:54 AM Re: Could this be the beginning of political change? [Re: Stretch73]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
I'm coming to think of "change" as a campaigning word and nothing more. Republican or democrat it will be business as usual. The only way I see real change coming about is by a popular vote for a third party candidate. (sigh) I can dream.
I'm not sure they don't just have the elections fixed now anyway!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.